Ms. McCullough's health care experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of health care contracts, joint ventures and acquisitions involving compliance with laws governing physician self-referrals (commonly referred to as the "Stark" law) and anti-kickback safe harbors
- Advising health care organizations regarding medical staff credentialing, peer review, antitrust and other provider relationship matters
- Advising nonprofit tax-exempt health care organizations regarding IRS constraints on joint ventures, physician recruitment, physician practice acquisitions, physician compensation and other private inurement and intermediate sanctions matters
- Advising and representing hospitals and their medical staffs in anti-patient dumping matters, known as "EMTALA"
- Advising health care organizations, employers and other entities concerning privacy of health information, including the federal privacy law known as "HIPAA"
- Development and operation of integrated specialty and multi-specialty provider networks, including antitrust counseling
- Advising health care facilities and individual providers on licensure matters
- Preparing corporate governance documents, policies and procedures for the implementation and ongoing operation of health care organizations
- Advising health care entities on regulatory compliance activities, including policy development, auditing, and internal investigations
- Advising health care providers on reimbursement matters, including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, managed care contracting and compensation strategies
- Advising health care providers on legal issues concerning informed consent, refusal of treatment, right to die, patient confidentiality and other patient care related matters