Polsinelli’s Real Estate attorneys represent homebuilders and developers in lot assemblage and acquisition, creation of associations, entitlement, variance and zoning procedures and the finance transactions required to build successful residential communities. After closing, we help our clients take the homes, apartments, townhomes, condominiums and communities that they build to market. Our attorneys also specialize in affordable housing, student housing and senior housing.
We go beyond the closing table, having the expertise necessary to navigate residential federal and state regulations, ensuring compliance and project completion. The association declarations and restrictions that we draft are tailored to the specifics of each project and, if applicable, designed to comply with funding requirements of the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae). We lead developers through local subdivision, platting and zoning to permit and C/O. To help our client market and sell units, we construct purchase and sale agreements that comply with federal and state specific disclosure requirements and protect our clients’ interests before and after the sale of the units.
- Orion, Ariel, Altair and Lucida Condominiums. Managed acquisitions and assemblages (and the related air rights) in various parts of Manhattan (including Midtown, Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Times Square, Clinton and Chelsea) for the development and new construction or conversion of properties into luxury residential and mixed-use condominium properties.
- Power and Light Building. $70 million mixed-use project in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The project converts the historic and largely vacant historic Power & Light building and surrounding vacant lots into 270 Class A market-rate apartments with approximately 25,000 square feet of retail and office space on the ground floors.
- National Multi-Family Developments. Represented one of the largest apartment developers in Arizona in acquisition and development transactions, handling purchase, finance and construction documentation for communities in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Washington and Texas.
- City Place. Closed public financing incentives, development agreement, land acquisition, and rezoning for $350 million mixed-use development in Overland Park, Kansas, comprised of apartments, retail, office and senior living.
- Prairie Center. Represented buyer in the acquisition and development of Prairie Center, a 2,200-acre master-planned community in Brighton, Colorado. The planned community consists of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, open space, recreational centers, schools, trail systems, retail centers and an on-site regional hospital. Negotiated public and private financing, development agreements, annexation agreement and zoning. Assisted the client with respect to the creation and funding of special districts for service to the project.
- The Apex, Crossroads West, and The Summit. Advised on land acquisition, zoning and incentives for three multifamily, market-rate rental communities in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. In total, the three properties include approximately 629 apartment units, as well as leasing offices, amenity areas and swimming pools at each complex. Units include one-bedroom and two-bedroom units and cater to the market-rate rental apartment market segment with high-quality unit finishes and amenities.
- Miami Condominium Project. Handled development and construction of a high-rise condominium on Brickell Avenue.
- Single Family Communities. Represented a prominent Arizona homebuilder in the sale of its office building, model homes, executory purchase contracts and inventory of single family homes, condominiums and finished lots including over 1,000 lots in over 20 subdivisions.
- Woodside Village. $78 million redevelopment that included 333 multi-family and live/work units, as well as 38,000 square feet of retail space, and the major renovation of nearby Woodside Health & Tennis Club.
- Village West Apartments. $70 million development of approximately 600 luxury apartments near the Village West entertainment district in Kansas City, Kansas, which provides immediate access to hundreds of thousands of feet of retail space, as well as destination attractions such as Sporting Park, Schlitterbahn Water Park, and Kansas Speedway.
- Sandstone American Ranch. Represented buyer in the acquisition of a 2,000-acre property in Douglas County, Colorado, for the development of an equestrian residential community, including establishing the homeowner association, obtaining entitlements, negotiating of development agreements, obtaining approval of a rural site plan and exception, negotiating an open space agreement, obtaining inclusion into the water and sanitation district and negotiating other private easement acquisitions.
- Luxury Residential Community for Extell Development Company. Represented developer in the acquisition and development of a luxury residential complex in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- The Spanos Corporation. Represented developer in the purchase of approximately 19.5 acres for apartment project as part of a master planned residential, multi-family, retail and office development known as Shoal Creek in Clay County, Missouri. Representation included negotiation of the real estate and development contract, declarations and other real estate documents.
- 51st and Main. Unique mixed-use project that includes the demolition of a block along the recently revitalized Main Street corridor in Kansas City, Missouri. Amenities will include approximately 176 multi-family units and 8,500 square feet of first-floor community retail.
- 531 Grand-River Market District. A $24 million mixed use development located at the entrance of the Kansas City River Market District to be completed in 2016, consisting of 140 apartment units, 10,000 square feet of retail and structured parking.