This webinar was previously recorded on July 28, 2016. To access the recorded presentation, please click here
Back to the Future... Will CMS' Proposed Provider-Based Rules Reshape the Future? Or Will They Rewrite the Past?: Part II
Polsinelli's Reimbursement Institute presents a special 2-part webinar series, in which it will provide an in-depth analysis of the provider-based changes enacted in the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 (Act) and CMS' proposed rules implementing those changes. Virtually overnight, Section 603 of that Act imposed sweeping changes that effectively shut down the development and implementation of new off-campus provider-based hospital outpatient departments.
To implement Section 603, CMS is issuing changes to Medicare's provider-based regulations as part of the CY 2017 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System proposed rule – the first such changes since 2003. This webinar will review the newly proposed regulatory changes, address the practical implications of the proposed rule, and present ideas on how to operationalize CMS's proposals, should they be finalized. This webinar will also highlight potential comment areas that stakeholders should consider.
On our agenda:
On our panel:
- Practical and operational implications flowing from CMS' proposed rule
- Review of hypothetical scenarios impacted by CMS' proposed rule and those that remain unsolved, including relocation of existing facilities, facilities in development, service line expansions, adding services to an otherwise exempt emergency department, space-sharing, and time-sharing
- Review of potential 340B implications
- Overview of critical comment areas
- Colleen Faddick, Shareholder
- Ross Sallade, Shareholder
- Kyle Vasquez, Counsel