Polsinelli Shughart congratulates nine of our attorneys in Chicago selected for inclusion in 2012 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Only five percent of attorneys in Illinois are selected for this honor.
Super Lawyers are selected by fellow attorney nominations and include lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Lawyers cannot nominate themselves and in-firm votes are only counted if they are matched by an out-of-firm nomination.
The Rising Star category is for attorneys under 40 who have ten or fewer years of practice. Attorneys are instructed to nominate individuals they have personally observed in action — whether as opposing counsel or co-counsel, or through other firsthand courtroom observation.
The following attorneys are listed as 2012 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars:
- Fred Entin – Super Lawyer – Health Care
- Mark Gershon – Super Lawyer – Land Use/Zoning
- Jane McCahill – Super Lawyer – Health Care
- Matt Murer – Super Lawyer – Health Care
- Daniel Reinberg – Super Lawyer – Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Jerry Switzer, Jr. – Super Lawyer – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Meredith Duncan – Rising Star – Health Care
- Jason Lundy – Rising Star – Health Care
- David Vallas – Rising Star – Business Litigation, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Real Estate
About Polsinelli Shughart
With 570 attorneys, Polsinelli Shughart (www.polsinelli.com) is a national law firm that is a recognized leader in the areas of business law, financial services, real estate and business litigation. Serving corporate, institutional and individual clients, Polsinelli is redefining the business of law by sharing ideas, goals and outcomes with its clients. The firm builds enduring relationships by creating value through our legal services - with passion, ingenuity and a sense of urgency. The firm has offices located in Chicago; Dallas; Denver; Edwardsville; Jefferson City; Kansas City; Los Angeles; New York; Overland Park; Phoenix; Springfield; St. Joseph; St. Louis; Topeka; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE. In California, Polsinelli Shughart LLP.