Polsinelli Shughart PC welcomes attorney Sean R. Gallagher to the firm as shareholder to practice in the firm’s Business Litigation, and Labor and Employment practice groups. A nationally recognized business litigator with more than 20 years of courtroom experience, Gallagher has handled cases involving a broad range of complex commercial and corporate litigation matters for plaintiffs and defendants.
“Sean earned a stellar reputation in legal communities both here in Colorado and nationally for his broad legal knowledge, trial excellence and willingness to take on big cases,” said G. Stephen Long, managing partner of the Denver office. “He’s a tremendous asset to our team and to our clients.”
Gallagher most recently served as partner in the Denver office of international law firm Hogan Lovells, formerly Hogan & Hartson, and has been involved with a number of high-profile public policy cases, including:
• Successfully representing a White House advance man in the “Denver Three” case, in which three MoveOn.Org activists were asked to leave a speech by President Bush in 2005. Gallagher has won at every stage of the case so far, which is currently on appeal to the United States Supreme Court.
• Representing two U.S. Secret Service agents in civil rights lawsuit brought by a man arrested while allegedly harassing Vice President Cheney in Beaver Creek in 2006
• Representing Gov. Bill Owens in 2001 congressional redistricting litigation
“Polsinelli Shughart is home to some of the country’s most capable corporate and trial lawyers,” Gallagher said. “I moved my practice to Polsinelli Shughart because it is offers a national footprint, a Midwestern rate structure, and a vibrant and growing Denver office.”
Gallagher also is one of the country’s leading lawyers in the developing field of electronic discovery. He serves on The Sedona Conference’s working group to develop best practices for electronic document retention and production.
Gallagher was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in 2011. He has also been selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers for the last five years. The Denver Business Journal named him a “Forty Under 40” recipient in 2002. He is a fellow with the Colorado Bar Foundation and serves on the board of directors for Junior Achievement. Gallagher earned a law degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and a bachelor’s degree from Baylor University.
Gallagher is an excellent source for reporters working on stories about:
• Weise vs. Casper – the “Denver Three” case pending a Supreme Court decision
• Commercial litigation, including fraud, consumer protection and corporate governance
• Employment law
• First Amendment issues, including freedom of religion and speech
• Congressional redistricting and election law
• Electronic discovery
For more information contact:
Public Relations Manager Heather McMichael, 816-395-0618
Linhart Public Relations, Russ Rizzo, 303-951-2561
About Polsinelli Shughart PC
With more than 500 attorneys, Polsinelli Shughart PC (www.polsinelli.com) is a national law firm that is a recognized leader in the areas of business litigation, financial services, real estate, business law, construction, life sciences, environmental and natural resources, health care, insurance coverage/bad faith, and labor and employment. Serving corporate, institutional and individual clients regionally, nationally and worldwide, Polsinelli Shughart is known for successfully applying forward-thinking strategies for both straightforward and complex legal matters. The firm has 16 offices located in Kansas City, St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Denver, Washington, D.C., New York, Wilmington, Overland Park, St. Joseph, Springfield, Jefferson City, Topeka and Edwardsville.