A group of 11 Denver health care attorneys joined Polsinelli Shughart PC citing the firm’s strong commitment to health care law, and extensive national resources. The 11 health care attorneys include some of Denver’s most highly respected lawyers. The attorneys join Polsinelli Shughart’s Denver office and will serve health care clients locally, regionally and nationally.
“Health care law is a core national practice at Polsinelli Shughart,” said Chairman Russell Welsh. “This significant expansion brings additional experience and depth to serve health care providers across the country and is part of our long-term, strategic plan to broaden our services in key practice areas and offices of our firm.”
With this addition, the Health Care Group expands to more than 55 lawyers and senior policy advisors stretching from Phoenix to Washington, D.C. The attorneys and other professionals advise clients on a wide variety of complex legal issues. In 2010, Modern Healthcare ranked Polsinelli Shughart’s national Health Care Group as the 10th largest in the nation.
The new attorneys who have joined the Denver office include seven shareholders:
• Jennifer L. Evans represents a broad range of health care providers including hospitals, DME suppliers, dialysis facilities and others with respect to structural, operational, health IT and electronic health records, payment and fraud and abuse issues. Evans has extensive background in Medicare and Medicaid payment systems, as she formerly served as the Deputy Director of the Colorado Medicaid Agency.
• Colleen M. Faddick advises health care providers including hospitals and health systems, dialysis facilities, physicians organizations and medical device manufacturers regarding the federal and state regulatory environments, fraud and abuse, Medicare and Medicaid enrollments, reimbursement and appeals, compliance plans and complex provider relationships.
• T. Jeffrey Fitzgerald provides legal counsel and litigates on behalf of health care providers including hospitals, physicians, pharmacies, laboratories and dialysis facilities. He also advises manufacturers and suppliers of health care products on various legal matters.
• Bruce A. Johnson brings broad experience in legal and management issues involving physician organizations, hospitals and other health care providers, as he assists emerging and established health care delivery systems in strategic planning and decision-making health care operational, regulatory compliance and other issues in today's changing environment.
• Ann C. McCullough, who served as chair of her prior firm’s national Health Care Group, and represents hospitals, physician groups, health care networks and related organizations in a variety of transactional, operational and regulatory matters. McCullough previously served as associate general counsel for the HealthONE hospital system in Colorado.
• Aileen T. Murphy focuses her practice on health care transactions among health care providers such as hospitals, physician organizations, dialysis facilities and others. Murphy has broad experience in a variety of contracting arrangements between health care providers.
• Gerald A. Niederman focuses his practice on business and regulatory issues involving facilities, physicians groups and related organizations, including health care trade organizations. Niederman has been named Best of the Bar in Health Law by The Denver Business Journal and Best Health Lawyer by Law Week Colorado.
Other attorneys who joined the firm include: Jennifer L. Weinfeld as counsel; and Sara V. Blass, Sera Chong and Sara V. Iams as associates.
“Polsinelli Shughart’s commitment to health care law was not only attractive to our attorneys, but also our clients,” said McCullough. “With national offices including Chicago and Washington, D.C., the firm is able to offer a sophisticated platform for our clients. We are pleased to join one of the most respected and fastest-growing Health Care Groups in the country.”
The addition of 11 health care attorneys in Denver not only expands the firm’s national Health Care Group, it is also a new practice area for the office which currently includes attorneys who practice in business litigation, corporate law, real estate, construction, intellectual property, financial services, clean technology and life sciences.
“I’m very excited about our expansion in the Rocky Mountain region,” stated Matthew J. Murer, chair of the national Health Care Group. “It is an honor to collaborate with such knowledgeable lawyers. We are like-minded professionals with a common goal of delivering outstanding legal services and value for clients during unprecedented times.”
The Health Care Group offers a broad range of services to large multi-facility systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals, long-term care facilities and integrated health systems of all sizes as well as home health systems, hospice providers, and more than 200 physician practice groups. In addition the firm provides legal counsel to dialysis facilities and state and national health care trade associations.
Polsinelli Shughart has significant client relationships with two of the largest nonprofit health care and hospital systems in the country: Denver-based Catholic Health Initiatives, and St. Joseph Health System, based in Orange, California. Last year, the firm expanded its Health Care Group in Washington, D.C. by 12, led by eight health care lawyers and senior public policy strategists and professionals.
For more information contact Public Relations Manager Heather McMichael, 816-395-0618, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Polsinelli Shughart PC
With more than 530 attorneys, Polsinelli Shughart PC (www.polsinelli.com) is a national law firm that is a recognized leader in the areas of business law, financial services, real estate and business litigation. Serving corporate, institutional and individual clients, Polsinelli Shughart is redefining the business of law by sharing ideas, goals and outcomes with its clients. The firm builds enduring relationships by creating value through legal services - with passion, ingenuity and a sense of urgency. The firm has offices located in Kansas City; St. Louis; Phoenix; Chicago; Denver; Washington, D.C.; New York; Wilmington, Del.; Overland Park, Kan.; St. Joseph, Springfield, and Jefferson City, Mo.; Topeka, Kan.; and Edwardsville, Ill.