Brook Bailey helps clients create a vision for their projects, while also providing skilled advice on various complex real estate issues.
From the letter of intent stage, through due diligence and negotiations, to execution, Brook leads highly skilled teams of attorneys and real estate analysts on large real estate transactions and leasing projects. She has developed a systematic process that provides high-volume clients with a quality and cost-effective product. In addition, she assists clients with form development and designing document management systems that are uniquely tailored to meet each client’s business needs.
Specializing in medical office leasing arrangements and transactions, Brook regularly advises clients in health care compliance matters, specifically navigating the effect of the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute on lease arrangements.
Brook has extensive experience negotiating office, retail, and industrial lease arrangements. Drawing on her broad experience representing landlords and tenants, she anticipates arguments on both sides of the table and offers compromises instead of conflicts. Her positive and collegial attitude helps clients successfully close deals and execute leases to the satisfaction of all the parties.
Clients range from national restaurant franchisees to industrial office park developers to health care providers, including pro bono legal services for regional non-profit organizations.
- Represents health care entities in connection with space and services leasing arrangements in medical office buildings, hospitals, and health care facilities, which encompasses a highly technical analysis of compliance with federal regulations, including Stark and Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the sale of 250 retail location across the country in a $3 billion sale/leaseback transaction.
- Manages the acquisition and disposition of dozens of restaurant franchises across the country.
- Coordinated the sale/leaseback of over 50 medical office buildings, comprising over 3,000,000 square feet of space in 10 states.
- Provides counsel and advice on the sale, acquisition, and leasing of data centers and colocation facilities, including the negotiation of FishNet Security’s national headquarters on the Sprint campus, consisting of 70,000 square feet of office space.
- Served as lead counsel for UnitedLex’s expansion from its flagship headquarters in Overland Park, Kan., to New York City, including the lease of 17,000 square feet of office space in lower Manhattan.
- Collaborated on assemblage of nearly 400 acres of land in Wyandotte County, Kan., for the development of a waterpark resort.
- Negotiates and prepares leasing agreements for a Chicago office building, including the lease of the unique office space for Red Frog Events, LLC, which includes tree house conference rooms, a climbing wall, zip line, and a foosball table.