Clay Hagedorn has extensive experience representing clients in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, leasing, and sale of real property both locally and nationally.
Clay provides a broad range of real estate services to clients, including complex assemblages and assemblage financing, commercial development and financing, mixed-use residential and commercial development projects, retail development projects, condominium and cooperative development projects, and leasing for mixed-use, retail, commercial, office, industrial projects, as well as residential and commercial condominiums.
Clients benefit from Clay’s counsel in all phases of the transaction, including coordinating due diligence, title and survey review, selection of corporate structure, negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale contracts, leases, loan documents, and numerous other real estate transaction documents, preparation of legal opinions, and all other activities necessary to bring a real estate transaction to fruition.
Clay prides himself on providing clients with practical, cost-efficient advice that is tailored to their specific goals and priorities and helps them achieve their overall business objectives.
- Represented owner/developer of a 20-story (750,000 sq. ft.) luxury hotel/condominium/parking garage project, which opened in 2006 on a waterfront site in Boston Harbor. The hotel portion is leased and operates as a 420-room hotel. The upper floors have approximately 120 residential condominium units.
- Represented owners of a chain of retail stores in the acquisition of properties for construction of new facilities and existing properties for renovation and expansion, obtaining acquisition and construction financing, and negotiating leases.
- Represented owner/developer with respect to acquisition and development of a luxury residential complex in Cambridge, Mass.
- Represented owner/developer with respect to a series of acquisitions and assemblages (and the related air rights) in various parts of Manhattan, N.Y., (including the neighborhoods of Midtown, Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Times Square, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea) for the development and new construction or conversion into luxury residential and mixed-use condominium properties, including the well-known Orion, Ariel East and West, Altair and Lucida Condominiums.
- Acted as third-party escrow agent, responsible for managing over $200,000,000 a year in escrowed down-payments made by purchasers of condominium units.
Publications & Presentations
Federal Contract Compliance: How to Follow the Rules and Make a Profit
U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill, Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, and Small Business & Technology Development Center Procurement Conference
May 31, 2012