Cary Miller has more than 20 years' experience in civil litigation at the trial and appellate court levels. He has tried cases to a jury and a bench in multiple jurisdictions both alone and as part of a team.
Cary's primary practice areas include insurance recovery, antitrust, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, trucking, construction, and design liability.
- Persuaded an insurance company to issue a defense to the clients in a lawsuit arising out of the sale of their home. At issue was the applicability of the clients’ homeowner’s policy to the transaction.
- Achieved the dismissal of a premises liability case against the client, a major airline, arising out of an incident that allegedly occurred mid-flight.
- Negotiated a five-figure settlement of claims alleging commercial real estate waste against a client wherein the plaintiffs’ liquidated damages approached $1 million.
- Analyzed numerous layers of liability insurance coverage and fidelity bond coverage in connection with claims asserted against the officers and directors of a major federal credit union.
- Represented multiple plaintiffs in antitrust class actions in multi-district litigation.