Daniel Farris isn’t your ordinary geek. As a former software engineer and network administrator in the telecommunications industry, Daniel offers his clients real-world experience in fiber optic networking, data center operations, cloud computing, mobile app development, and data privacy and security matters. His practice is founded upon understanding how technology can strengthen and expand the core mission of his clients’ businesses.
Daniel co-chairs Polsinelli’s Data Center & Infrastructure and Data Privacy & Security teams, and serves clients in a variety of industries, ranging from telecommunications and technology companies to healthcare providers, financial institutions, national retail and apparel companies, and manufacturing clients. He represents clients both large and small, serving on the firm’s Startup Ventures team to assist startups, embryonic, and emerging growth companies on a variety of technology and intellectual property matters, as well as acting as a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 technology and branded/portfolio companies.
Although Daniel’s practice is primarily technology focused, he also represents clients in a range of traditional intellectual property matters, including inbound/outbound licensing, Digital Rights Management matters, trademark prosecution, brand extension deals, and support of mergers and acquisitions.
Daniel has experience in the following areas:
- Fiber Network Design/Build and Infrastructure
- Dark Fiber, IRUs, Dim Services, and Capacity/Lambda Agreements
- Collocation, Meet Me Rooms, Carrier Hotels, NOCs, and Managed Services
- Layered Network Services, Cloud Computing, and Hosted Services
- Software as a Service (SaaS), IaaS, PaaS, and eCommerce Agreements
- Data Privacy and Security Compliance, Counseling, and Audit
- Breach Counseling, Notice, and Response
- Mobile Development, Payment, and Content
- Inbound/Outbound Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Licensing
- Brand Extension and Brand Collaboration Licensing
- Master Use, Sync, Broadcast, and Performance Licensing
- Trade Secret Protection and Misappropriation
Daniel also assists clients in protecting the intellectual property and proprietary information from unauthorized disclosure or use by current or departing employees.