Jeffrey Fine combines intellectual property and business transactional experience to protect the interests of a broad array of clients, ranging from international publicly traded companies to local and regional entrepreneurs, covering a diverse spectrum of industries and markets, including health care systems, consumer goods manufacturers, financial service providers, biotech enterprises and other commercial and nonprofit entities.
Jeffrey helps clients bring their ideas, inventions and developments from the drawing board, laboratory or design stage to the global, regional or local marketplace, including the negotiation of distribution agreements, licenses, strategic alliances, corroborative research agreements and other commercial transactions that often cross international borders, as well as the protection and preservation of their brand identities. Jeffrey routinely counsels clients on antitrust compliance issues arising out of the distribution, pricing and positioning of their goods and services.
Jeffrey has extensive experience in negotiating and documenting information technology transactions, including licenses, development agreements, value-added-reseller agreements, outsourcing agreements, master service agreements, maintenance and support agreements and other aspects of technology transfers. He also counsels clients on privacy and security issues arising out of the proliferation of electronic commerce, cloud computing and outsourcing transactions.
Jeffrey’s corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions experience is extensive. He has assisted numerous clients in monetizing the value of their assets, whether through secured transactions, acquisitions, divestitures or mergers, and frequently serves on teams of Polsinelli lawyers engaged in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Represented founder and principal stockholder of investment advisory firm in sale of stock to publicly traded company for a purchase price in excess of $60 million.
- Represented large integrated hospital system in outsourcing of its revenue cycle functions, involving the re-badging of more than 2,000 employees.
- Acted as United States counsel for a construction company in the formation of a joint venture to service oil rigs off the coast of Angola.
- Represented national health care provider in negotiating and documenting Information Technology Services Agreement with publicly traded offshore entity.
- Assisted consumer goods manufacturer in all aspects of a market recall, including communications with regulators and consumers, and the negotiation of a settlement with third party provider of raw ingredients.
- Filed, prosecuted and processed United States and foreign trademark and service mark applications for a broad range of clients, including national manufacturing and service entities; biotech companies; insurance companies; health care providers; and other commercial and nonprofit enterprises.
- Structured, negotiated and documented domestic and international license agreements, royalty agreements, joint venture agreements, clinical trial agreements and other contracts involving the commercial exploitation of research and development, scientific discoveries, know-how, technology and other proprietary rights.
- Prosecuted and defended oppositions, cancellations, infringement claims and controversies involving trademarks, service marks, trade dress, business identity and internet domain names.
- Represented authors and artists in the negotiation of publishing, production, and recording contracts.
- Processed copyright applications for a diverse array of creative parties, and prosecuted and defended disputes regarding infringement, ownership and licensing of creative works.
- Participated in numerous financing transactions, as counsel for lenders and borrowers, including serving as bond counsel for the City of St. Louis in the issuance of tax exempt bonds to finance the Kiel Sports Arena and other local and regional projects.