Peter Waltz is dedicated to helping clients achieve their objectives by employing a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to their legal and business challenges. He advises companies in all phases of the business cycle and provides ongoing advice and counsel on day-to-day operational, business, and legal issues. This focus includes the preparation and negotiation of documents related to entity selection and formation, corporate structure, corporate governance, and commercial contract matters. Peter advises a variety of clients with their business transactions, capital raising transactions, and general corporate matters.
Peter’s broad corporate and corporate finance practice includes advising clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, periodic reporting under the federal securities laws, and other aspects of securities regulation and general corporate counseling. He is regularly involved in structuring, negotiating, and closing asset and equity acquisitions and sales, mergers, and a broad range of strategic transactions.
Further, Peter has significant experience in advising clients regarding transactions, compliance with periodic reporting, and other disclosure requirements under the federal securities laws. Peter advises public and private clients, closely held businesses, and advises clients with shareholder disputes. His experience extends across a wide range of industries, including the health care, financial services, professional services, information technology, and food industries.
Prior to law school, Peter worked in the financial industry and was licensed as a registered representative with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Served as securities counsel for a newly public natural gas exploration company with respect to the preparation and filing of a resale registration statement on Form S-1.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange Amex-listed natural resources exploration client in negotiation and completion of a merger transaction with a publicly traded Canadian issuer.
- Assisted real estate investment and development group in structuring $25 million private placement of equity interests and related disclosure matters.
- Assisted client in negotiating and completing $15 million asset sale for ongoing medical practice.
- Assisted client with securities compliance aspects of merging with public company and assuming federal securities law disclosure obligations.