Ryan McCarty’s diligence and competitive nature make him a tremendous advocate for the firm's clients. His practice is rooted in the prosecution and defense of general commercial disputes.
Ryan has extensive experience in banking, financial services, and credit-related litigation. He has defended numerous banking institutions and lenders facing claims under both federal and state statutes governing lending institutions and furnishers of credit information, as well as the related common law claims associated with these actions which include, among others, fraud, misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, defamation of credit, and breach of contract. Additionally, Ryan has significant experience in real estate litigation, business divorce and shareholder disputes, commercial sales litigation, and tax matters.
- Successfully defended numerous banking and financial institutions including prevailing on dispositive motions in both state and federal court in response to claims sounding in fraud, defamation of credit, violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth in Lending Act, and Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.
- Secured favorable settlement in business divorce case on behalf of passive investors disputing management of Missouri LLC.
- Represented and secured favorable settlement for private equity fund investor challenging fund’s accounting practices and payment of equity interest when attempting to change funds.
- Secured favorable arbitration awards for two publicly traded companies in disputes involving breach of service agreements.
- Secured favorable settlement for two separate commercial agriculture operations in real property disputes.
- Successfully defended TRO and request for preliminary injunction in commercial landlord-tenant dispute. Case subsequently settled.
- Obtained dismissal of banking institution client based upon federal statute when faced with multi-million dollar fraud claim.