Trey Monsour understands how to address a client’s concerns when facing a distressed situation by applying years of restructuring experience in a cost-efficient manner. He has extensive experience in workouts, restructuring troubled businesses, and commercial bankruptcy cases for both debtors and creditor constituencies—including committees, indenture trustees and agents, senior lenders and buyers. Trey utilizes a practical, hands-on approach to handle bankruptcy and financial restructuring issues whether on behalf of a Chapter 11 debtor, an official committee of unsecured creditors, or a party to bankruptcy litigation.
Trey has served two consecutive years as course director of the State Bar of Texas Advance Business Bankruptcy Course and speaking on bankruptcy issues to law schools, bar associations, trade and specialty group associations. He has also served four consecutive years as an upper level student mentor at the University of Houston Law Center.
Energy and Utilities Industry:
- Represented Houston-based Midcon Offshore, Inc. in its chapter 11 case in Houston. A plan was confirmed.
- Represented Tulsa-based Bristol Resources Inc. in its chapter 11 case in Corpus Christi. The company sold in an auction for $25 million over its debt. A plan was confirmed and the company sold its assets to Chaparral Energy.
- Represented Houston-based Link Energy (f/k/a EOTT Energy Partners) in its chapter 11 case in Corpus Christi. EOTT owned the Texas New Mexico pipeline and was the only Enron affiliated company that did not file bankruptcy in New York. A plan was confirmed and the company sold its assets to Plains All American Pipeline.
- Represented Houston-based Tri-Union Energy Company in its chapter 11 case in Houston a plan was confirmed.
- Represented Houston-based Sharpe Energy, an oil field services company in its chapter 11 case in Houston. A plan was confirmed.
- Represented Dallas-based Hallwood Group, in litigation in the Dallas bankruptcy court that spun out of a merger between Hallwood and an international affiliate.
- Represented Houston-based start-up corrosion prevention technology company in connection with an involuntary bankruptcy case in Houston filed by its partner.
- Represented Houston-based Panaco Offshore in its chapter 11 case in Houston. A plan was confirmed and the company sold its assets to National Offshore LP.
- Represented Indenture Trustee in connection with over $1 billion Second Lien Notes in SandRidge Energy Chapter 11 case in Houston. A plan was confirmed.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in Plano-based CoServe Electric in its chapter 11 case in Plano. CoServe is one of the largest electricity cooperatives in North Texas and surrounding states. CoServe confirmed a plan and unsecured creditors were paid in full.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in Houston-based Perry Gas in its chapter 11 case in Houston. Perry Gas was a gas marketing company. Perry Gas wound down its affairs in bankruptcy and unsecured creditors received a sizable distribution on their claims.
- Represented an Australian-based company in the acquisition of oil and gas assets located in New York. The client was not the successful bidder but ultimately came in to operate the properties.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the acquisition of a $200 million energy management company headquartered in Oklahoma City.
- Represents a private equity fund in their acquisition of oil and gas assets and assets in the energy services sector.
- Provides strategic bankruptcy and insolvency advice to a number of companies in building their energy portfolios.
- Provides safe harbor advice to a number of clients.
- Represented the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company in bankruptcy litigation brought in numerous jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Represented Norman Oklahoma-based drilling and construction company in protracted litigation over the ownership of drilling rigs in a bankruptcy case in Houston.
- Served as a court appointed Mediator for bankruptcy disputes in Dallas
- Represented a global Plano-based telecommunications company in a dispute pending in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a global Palo Alto, California information technology company in a fraudulent transfer action brought in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented a global Houston, Texas based marketing and food distributing company in a large preference lawsuit brought in the District of Delaware. Also represented that same company as their national bankruptcy counsel in bankruptcy litigation matters throughout the United States.