Bill Sneed’s decades of experience, combined with his political expertise and knowledge of insurance, campaign finance, and public policy, enables him and his team of lawyers and public policy professionals to deliver top-notch results.
Within a few years of graduation from Washburn University School of Law, Bill had moved through the ranks of the Kansas Insurance Department to become the Department’s Chief Counsel. Upon leaving government service and entering the private practice of law, he quickly became the managing partner for a small local law firm, centering his growing practice around meeting the needs of clients in the areas of insurance, administrative, and public policy.
Bill joined Polsinelli in 1995 to launch the firm’s practice in government affairs, and has been a shareholder and manager of the Topeka office ever since. Now the chairman of a thriving Public Policy-State and Local practice group spanning offices in seven cities, Bill remains the go-to lawyer in the firm for clients wishing to take advantage of the firm’s vast experience in planning and putting into action government affairs projects and insurance-related issues.
Bill’s skills as a lecturer on legislative matters, insurance, and health care law are in high demand. He has a long history of community involvement in the arts and many years’ involvement with children's groups and various charities. Bill has also been involved for many years in the local educational community, serving first as a board member of his local school district, then chairing the local school board and, most recently, as a member of the Board of Regents of Washburn University.
- Partnered with a client to develop two-year plan of implementation for new NASCAR track and surrounding development in Kansas City. Successful development of coalitions at the city, county and state levels involving governing bodies in terms of economic development, tax, retail.
- Successfully drafted, passed and ultimately signed into law enabling legislation for multimillion dollar project.Successful drafting and passage of the first major set of amendments to Kansas Insurance Holding Company Act in 20 years.
- Partnered with a client to develop a multi-year plan of implementation for a state-owned casino. The project involved successful legislative enactment. Project also involved successful development of coalitions at the city, county, and state levels involving governing bodies in terms of economic development, tax, retail, and gaming. Project resulted in legislation that was signed into law enabling for the multimillion dollar project.
- Successful drafting and passage of a legislative initiative that modified timelines and procedures for filing accident and health policies in Kansas.
- Successfully defeated the legislative proposal banning state adoption of national Common Core standards. Outstanding success, especially in light of extremely conservative nature of current state legislature.