Debt finance is never an end in and of itself, but the means by which business gets done. Lawyers in the Commercial Lending practice help both borrowers and lenders get capital where it needs to go in the best and most efficient manner possible. This means that our practice is not only up to date and experienced with the constantly evolving rules, best practices, and trends in the lending industry, but uses a multi-disciplinary approach that enables our lawyers and paralegals to work on a wide variety of transactions across many industries.
Whether our lawyers are assisting with acquisition loans, mezzanine financings, term and revolving credit facilities, working capital loans, warehousing loans, senior and subordinated debt instruments, project finance, equipment leasing, syndicated commercial loans, asset-based, or cash flow loans, Polsinelli’s clients are confident that they will be in the best position regarding their financing so that they can focus on running their business.
Borrowers appreciate how the Commercial Lending practice gets to know their goals and industry in order to make sure that any financing reflects their future needs. We have represented local businesses in small and middle market financings for acquisitions or working capital as well as larger financings for national and international borrowers.
Lending clients, from local banks, to credit unions, to investment groups, to national and international financial institutions benefit from our years of experience in the most complex of transactions, as well as our appreciation of what’s most important with regard to smaller relationships. Our team has worked with single banks on local transactions, as well as syndicate lenders, as both agents and participants in numerous transactions ranging from middle market to high-end, billion dollar facilities.
Our sophisticated know how, coupled with a unique understanding of a company’s need to get the deal done, make Polsinelli’s Commercial Lending practice the perfect partner for any financing transaction.
- $15 million borrowing-base facility for local engineering consulting firm.
- $20 million in senior and mezzanine financing to local investment group acquire Chicago-based bakery wholesaler.
- $6 million borrowing-base revolving facility for high-volume, low-cost vehicle retail seller/financer.
- Represented transportation factoring company in obtaining $250 million revolving facility from international banking group.
- Represented major hospital group in obtaining $50 million revolving facility for working capital purposes in conjunction with current bond financings.
- $21 million in multi-tranche, asset-based project finance for international oil exploration in Canada, involving subsidiaries and real estate in several states and working with local counsel and first nation’s tribe in Alberta. Intercreditor and subordinate lenders involved.
- $28 million revolving and term facility to national leader in folding paper and carton products Blanket lien included owned and leased real property with significant landlord negotiation
- $50 million revolving credit facility to international engineering, architecture and consulting firm
- $20 million revolving credit facility to a leading construction company
- $195 million revolving, CAPEX and term facilities by a national financial institution acting as lender and primary administrative agent for a 5-bank syndicate to a company wanting to partner with an international fuel supplier to acquire and develop 76 service stations. Advised as to environmental risks, assignment of supply contracts, managed other syndicate lenders, and handled general lender representation.
- $7 million working capital and acquisition line for growing landscaping and lawn services company in St. Louis
- $30 million equipment line to supplier of construction and road-building machinery. Representation involved working with several other lenders and inventory suppliers in connection with various financing sources
- Represented Chicago bank in connection with floor-plan financing several local automobile dealerships