Polsinelli’s Securities & Corporate Finance attorneys combine significant transactional capabilities and regulatory knowledge with experience across a range of industries to help publicly traded and privately held companies plan and execute capital-raising transactions, address complex disclosure and regulatory issues, and establish appropriate governance policies and practices.
Our significant experience providing counsel in a full range of financial transactions to a variety of capital markets participants, including public and private issuers, underwriters and placement agents, allows us to deliver practical solutions to our clients quickly and efficiently.
Our team focuses its counsel on the following areas and services:
Polsinelli’s attorneys have experience with a broad range of debt and equity capital markets transactions, including:
- Initial public offerings
- Follow-on and secondary offerings
- Exchange offers
- At-the-market offerings
- Shelf takedowns
- Traditional private placements
- Rule 144A offerings
- Regulation S offerings
In addition to our transactional experience, we serve as trusted advisers to numerous public companies on all aspects of SEC and FINRA compliance, New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ listing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank, and executive compensation disclosures.
Our team works closely with clients in a number of industries, including:
In an effort to provide the best counsel possible, our team is committed to understanding clients' larger strategic business objectives, as well as delivering timely, pragmatic advice that is tailored to their particular circumstances. As a result, our public company clients regularly turn to us for guidance in areas such as:
- Disclosure issues, including Regulation FD compliance and review of SEC annual, quarterly, and current reports and other SEC filings
- Shareholder relations issues, including annual meeting preparation, proxy solicitations, proxy advisory firm recommendations, and activist investor initiatives such as proxy contests and shareholder proposals
- Ongoing counseling of public company boards of directors and board committees regarding governance standards and "best practices," board composition, committee functions, and director and officer compensation
- Corporate insider trading policies, Rule 10b5-1 trading programs, Rule 144 compliance, and Section 16 reporting procedures
- Serving as liaison with the SEC and stock exchanges regarding compliance matters, responses to comment letters and inquiries, and submitting confidential treatment applications and requests for "no action" relief