Avoiding or minimizing the risk of litigation is a top priority. However, when the inevitability of litigation occurs, the attorneys of Polsinelli’s Employment Litigation practice are ready to defend management vigorously to achieve our client’s goals. We are constantly preparing for trial, but at the same time exploring alternatives that might help our clients altogether avoid or minimize the risk of litigation. We work with our clients to evaluate the impact a dispute may have on their business, as well as how various resolutions might affect their culture, operations and future success.
Our attorneys defend our clients before administrative agencies and in trials, mediations, arbitrations, and appeals of lawsuits arising over virtually every conceivable employment-related action including age, religion, gender, pregnancy, race, national origin, disability, harassment, wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, FMLA, and OSHA violations, to name just a few. Recent recognitions include:
- Nationally ranked by Chambers USA in Labor & Employment (2016)
- Recognized as a Tier 1 Best Law Firm in Labor & Employment by U.S. News and World Report/Best Lawyers (2016)
- Rated as a Standout in both complex and everyday employment litigation in the 2017 BTI Litigation Outlook, based on a survey of more than 300 general counsel at companies with more than $1 billion in revenue.
The Labor and Employment group has extensive experience in representing management’s interest in areas including:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Class actions
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)/Wage and hour
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Prevailing wage
- Restrictive covenants
- Sexual and other harassment claims arising under state law
- Title VII litigation
- Whistleblower claims
- Work-related torts
- Wrongful termination
- Administrative charges
No matter what employment-related disputes our clients may confront, our experienced team of trial attorneys is ready to provide practical guidance to help them achieve the best possible results.