Just as providing appropriate treatments and exceptional care to patients is a hospital’s top priority, Polsinelli’s Health Care team’s mission is to provide appropriate solutions and exceptional service to its health care clients. And now, more than ever, health care providers need a partner that understands their unique challenges, while providing a broader view of potential strategies that may help them not only survive, but to thrive in a new era of health care.
Our Nonprofit Health Care team represents a range of clients in the health care industry, including national nonprofit hospitals and health systems, as well as regional health care organizations, government hospitals, universities and medical centers and senior and assisted living centers, among others.
Our team is frequently relied upon as outside general counsel as well as in instances where a client may need support on a project specific matter. We counsel clients on issues spanning the full spectrum of nonprofit-related matters impacting the health care industry, including:
- Hospital acquisitions and dispositions
- Nonprofit hospital change of membership transactions
- Health plan acquisitions
- Hospital-physician joint ventures
- Hospital management and lease agreements
- Hospital joint operating agreements
- Hospital conversion transactions
- Strategic partnerships and alliances involving providers, manufacturers, and others
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and enrollment issues
- Fraud and abuse
- Clinical trial compliance and agreements for sponsors and providers
- Life safety code issues
- OIG/DOJ investigations
- Certificate of Need issues
In addition, Polsinelli’s Nonprofit Health Care Finance attorneys, with national reputations in tax-exempt finance, have served as bond, underwriter, bank and borrower counsel in more than 500 transactions aggregating in excess of $40 billion. The experience of, and relationships developed by, our health care finance attorneys enable us to provide exceptional service to our clients in structuring and implementing complex tax-exempt financing transactions.