Today’s physician organizations are at the crossroads of dramatic and unprecedented change as businesses, the government, and health care industry grapple with the cost conundrum. This change demands innovation to survive and succeed in tomorrow’s health care and also affords physicians an unparalleled opportunity to drive the patient care and payment models of the future.
Polsinelli’s Physician Organizations practice is comprised of a deep bench of nationally-recognized thought leaders, with the physician-focused experience necessary to partner with clients across the country as strategic advisors. We combine this special perspective with our background of cutting edge experience to help our clients create unique solutions that both anticipate and lead positive change in today’s health care delivery and payment environments.
We use these skills to assist clients in formulating and implementing innovative strategies and solutions, including:
- Physician organization and group development, implementation and operational support
- Relationship positioning and partnering strategies for success under value-based and at-risk arrangements, including group mergers, clinically integrated networks, Accountable Care Organizations and other delivery network development and operations support
- Innovative payment and reimbursement models participation strategies, including value based strategies, bundled payments, shared savings and other risk arrangements
- Government relations, insight and advocacy to facilitate health care innovation/payment change
- Consolidation and restructuring, including transactions and joint ventures
- Revenue preservation and diversification initiatives
- Payer engagement, capitalization and financing strategies
- Physician-driven research and development in health care, including protecting and monetizing intellectual property
- Strategies for redesigning health care delivery, including telemedicine, personalized medicine, and e-Health/mobile health
- Reconfiguring existing regulatory compliance strategies from fee-for-service to value-based structures.
Our team offers pragmatic, nuanced guidance to sophisticated physician organizations across the country, including single and multi-specialty practices; networks, such as Independent Physician Associations (IPAs), managed care organizations, and clinically integrated networks (CINs), new developing models, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs), urgent care facilities, concierge medicine practices, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic imaging facilities, medical staffs, national and state medical associations and specialty societies, patient safety organizations, practice management companies, physician foundations, and clinics.
As a full service national law firm, our team can coordinate to bring its physician organization clients the services in multiple legal, advisory and other disciplines to meet their operational and business needs on an efficient basis. The experience of the attorneys in these areas, bring efficient solutions to the unique needs of our health care clients.