Few industries are as exciting and unique as the hospitality industry. Polsinelli has built a multi-disciplinary practice
focused on hotels, golf and ski resorts, casinos, world renowned sports facilities and other destination developments. Our firm represents private investors, funds, developers, publicly traded hospitality REITS and publicly traded resort owner and operators.
Integrated services in this area include:
Full service real estate and real estate finance services from one of the largest groups in the United States.
- Joint ventures, purchase and sale agreements, financing arrangements on both a single asset and portfolio basis, including mezzanine and preferred equity components,
- Franchise agreements, hotel management agreements with independent managers and brand managers
- Development including mixed-use and spin off development
- Historic tax credit financing
- State and municipal convention financing, public stadium finance
- Casino regulatory and finance
- In-bound investment and EB-5 finance
- Construction and design litigation and dispute resolution
Securities & Corporate Finance:
With extensive experience representing lodging REITS and their underwriters in the full gamut of equity and debt capital markets transactions, our experience includes:
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures:
- Initial public offerings
- Registered and Rule 144A offerings of investment grade, high-yield, secured and convertible notes
- Revolving credit facilities and term loans
- Mortgage financing
- Partnering with hospitality and gaming clients to prepare and file current and periodic reports, annual meeting proxy materials and other maters arising under the SEC’s federal securities laws
We have experience representing buyers and sellers in the acquisition/disposition of hospitality and related businesses. Our experience ranges from single hotel acquisitions/dispositions to multi-billion dollar public company exits.
Including assistance with new brand creation and protection.
Protecting the rights of hospitality clients when faced with a major claim or environmental issue, our attorneys have represented major players in the hospitality and resort space for more than 25 years. Services include:
- Representation of nearly every major hotel brand in seeking insurance for first-party and third-party claims, ranging from mold infestation and bed bugs to wrongful death claims
- Support of hotel & hospitality clients facing major claims after natural disasters, including recovery of millions of dollars via both primary and excess policies
- Management of toxic tort claims on behalf of hotels across the globe