DRI Annual Meeting: "DRI For Life" | October 22-26, 2014 | San Francisco, CA
Polsinelli is proud to announce that Commercial Litigation shareholder Dan Cranshaw will present at the annual meeting of DRI, the leading international organization of defense attorneys and in-house counsel.
Enforcement of Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements: New Guidance From the Supreme Court and American Arbitration Association | Thursday, October 23rd
An exploration of upcoming AAA rule changes and recent case law in the area of class action waivers in arbitration agreements that every commercial litigator must know. The Supreme Court's ruling in American Express Co. v. Italian Colors Restaurant will be a specific point of discussion because of its implications on the expanding use of contractual waivers of class arbitration.
- Introduction to the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Expansion and acceptance of the FAA
- Class arbitration waivers in labor & employment context
- Expansion of AAA's procedural offerings in light of new case law
- Takeaways from recent case law concerning class action waivers in arbitration agreements
To learn more about this important national conference or to register your attendance, please visit DRI's website at www.dri.org