November 10, 2015 | 9:45 AM | New York, NY
Dan Flanigan is Chair of Polsinelli's 180-attorney Real Estate & Financial Services Department and the Managing Partner of the New York office. He will be the moderator of the panel Mezzanine Originator Panel: New Era = New Strategies
. Dan will be joined by:
- Drew Fung - Managing Director, Clarion Partners
- Matthew Donnelly - Managing Director, Head of Originations, Realty Finance Trust
- Brian Sedrish - Managing Director, Related Companies
- Cary Carpenter - Managing Director, Starwood Property Trust
- Jimmy Yung - Managing Director, Head of Origination, TPG Capital
- How are you standing out amongst the competition in a very crowded market? What is separating lenders that win deals (and get to yield) vs. those that don't?
- What types of deal/yield are you chasing? Do you have a product focus/preference?
- How are you underwriting at this point in the cycle and against the backdrop of rising interest rates?
- Are you seeing fewer bank-originated whole loans that allow mezzanine finance? Are you writing whole loans to get to the mezzanine? If so, are you selling the senior or leveraging your position to create synthetic mezzanine? Will we see more of these kinds of strategies?
- How much should/are borrowers putting into a deal? How much equity is their own vs. syndicated?
- What credit metrics matter to you today and what is driving this? How have your credit metrics changed over the past 12-36 months and where are they going, especially in a rising interest rate climate?
- What size loan is your ideal sweet spot? If small, how to get institutional investors interested?
- Where will the market be this time next year? Will it favor borrowers or lenders?
Presented by Information Management Network (IMN), the Borrower & Investor Forum on Real Estate Mezzanine Financing & Subordinated Debt covers the entire capital stack with a focus on mezzanine finance and subordinated debt and also addresses the latest high-yield debt strategies for investors. Senior executives from leading firms within the owner-operator and lending communities will convene to discuss financing strategies for new acquisitions, development and refinance.
For more information and to register, click here