September 2018

The Kansas Insurance Department (“Department”) sent out an e-mail recently reminding TPAs that due to recent revisions to Kansas TPA statutes, any TPAs who held a Kansas TPA license as of March 2017 must submit either a Kansas Non-Resident TPA application or a Kansas Home State TPA application.  These applications must be submitted no later than October 15, 2018. To be eligible for a non-resident TPA license in Kansas, TPAs must hold a home state administrator license in one of eight states that have been determined by the Department to have substantially similar TPA laws as Kansas (Alaska, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Missouri, New Hampshire and West Virginia).

View the full alert here.