IMN's Inaugural Opportunity Zones Forum
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 | New York
Polsinelli Shareholders Dan Flanigan, Managing Partner of the firm's New York office, Korb Maxwell and Brian Bullard will be speaking at IMN's Inaugural Opportunity Zones Forum. The conference will discuss the new community development program established by Congress in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 with the goal to answer questions surrounding how the program will work and how commercial real estate developers, private equity firms, institutional investors and their legal & tax advisers can tap into these new tax-advantaged investments.
For more information on the conference, click here.
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Opportunity Zones
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 | 8:25 a.m. EST
Presented by: Dan Flanigan
- What is the minimum holding period for investors?
- How many states have QOZ’s? How are states designating these areas?
- What is the best way to structure an Opportunity Zone Fund?
- What exclusions are included in the bill? i.e. what can’t investors do?
Fireside Chat with Steve Glickman
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 | 9:20 a.m. EST
Presented by: Korb W. Maxwell
This fireside chat features an in-depth discussion with Steve Glickman, Founder & CEO of Develop Advisors, an advisory dedicated to Opportunity Zones Funds. From 2008-2013, Steve was a senior economic advisor in the Obama Administration. Following his time at the White House, Steve led the Economic Innovation Group (EIG), a bipartisan research and policy organization in Washington, D.C. Under his leadership, the EIG was the architect of the $6 trillion Opportunity Zones program.
Fundraising, Administration & Finding the Right Structure
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 | 9:45 a.m. EST
Presented by: Brian A. Bullard
- What jurisdiction do QOZ’s need to be registered in? Are there off-shore options?
- What are the benefits of a crowdfunding style vehicle? How will fund reporting for GPs and LPs look? Will it be vanilla?
- What is the best format for RIAs and their clients to invest through? What are the best options for tax exempt clients?
- REIT vs. Fund: What is the best way to structure your Opportunity Zone entity?
To learn more about our Opportunity Zones practice, to contact one of our attorneys, or for more Opportunity Zones Intelligence, click here.