This webinar was previously recorded on October 26, 2016. To access the recorded presentation, please click here
Catching Up with the Times: CMS Reforms Long-Term Care Facility Requirements – Abuse: Hiring and Reporting, Facility Self-Assessments, and QAPI
On October 4, 2016, CMS published the biggest overhaul to federal long-term care regulations since 1991. In an effort to assist providers and industry leaders in understanding the most substantive and impactful changes, Polsinelli will be presenting a series of three webinars. In the second webinar, we will continue the discussion and analysis of the new rules related to CMS’ new rules that:
- Expand the hiring prohibition to include licensed professionals who have a disciplinary action in effect by a state licensure body;
- Require long-term care facilities report crimes in compliance with Social Security Act requirements for federally funded long-term care facilities;
- Compel long-term care facilities to develop and implement facility self-assessment programs; and
- Require long-term care facilities develop and implement a QAPI program.
Please join us for discussion of the rules, an analysis of how the rules will impact providers and our recommendations for proper and effective implementation.
For more in-depth information on topics that will be covered, please click here
On our panel:
- Matthew J. Murer, Practice Chair
- Anne M. Cooper, Shareholder