This webinar was previously recorded on November 2, 2016. To access the recorded presentation, please click here
Catching Up with the Times: CMS Reforms Long-Term Care Facility Requirements – Resident Assessment & Care Planning, Nursing Services, Pharmacy Services, and Infection Control
On October 4, 2014, CMS published the biggest overhaul to federal long-term care regulations since 1991. In an effort to assist providers and industry leaders in understanding the most substantive and impactful changes, Polsinelli will be presenting a series of three webinars. In the third and final webinar, we will continue the discussion and analysis of CMS’ new rules that:
- Clarify what constitutes appropriate coordination of resident assessments with Medicaid’s Preadmission Screening and Resident Review program.
- Require person-centered care plans within 48 hours of resident admission.
- Require a discharge planning process that focuses on residents’ goals and transition as well as the reduction of preventable re-admissions.
- Ensure nurses have competencies and skill sets necessary to care for residents’ needs.
- Reduce or eliminate psychotropic drug use and require pharmacists to review medical charts monthly.
- Develop an infection control program that includes an antibiotic stewardship program.
Please join us for discussion of the rules, an analysis of how the rules will impact providers and our recommendations for proper and effective implementation.
For more in-depth information on topics that will be covered, please click here
On our panel