This webinar was previously recorded on March 6, 2018. To access the recorded presentation, click here.
Polsinelli Labor & Employment Webinar | The Emerald Series: It's (not) in the Handbook
March 6, 2018 | 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM EST
Join lawyers from Polsinelli’s Labor & Employment Department for the 2018 webinar series. The series will be presented in four installments and include vignettes of Emily, Mr. Bland, Mr. Grumbles, Ms. Ner-Vess and Ms. Ideal. Listen in as Emily befriends the subject of a previous webinar series, Ruby Breaker, who provides Emily “guidance” as she finds her way to the Ideal Workplace.
- Employee handbooks
- Key provisions
- Progressive discipline, performance standards and workplace conduct
- Anti-harassment and retaliation
- Background checks
- Roles and responsibilities
- Overview and key provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Authorization documents
- Disclosure requirements and common mistakes
- Confidentiality Agreements
- What is included, and what can be protected?
- Interplay with restrictive covenants
- FMLA and ADA interplay
- FMLA eligibility
- Accommodation requirements
- Leave as an accommodation under the ADA