This webinar was previously recorded on January 30, 2018. To access the recorded presentation, click here. Please note that CLE credit is not available for pre-recorded playback.
Health Care Webinar Series | Fraud & Abuse: 2017 Year in Review
January 30, 2018 | 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM CDT
In 2017, the United States government continued its aggressive scrutiny of the health care industry using a variety of anti-fraud tools and compliance requirements. Health care companies continue to face high levels of risk under the Federal False Claims Act and other fraud and abuse laws. Please join Polsinelli’s Health Care practice for discussion of the important settlements, noteworthy cases, observations about trends, and what the industry might expect to see in 2018. Lastly, our speakers will provide their predictions for health care fraud enforcement in 2018.
- Review of important fraud and abuse settlement trends
- Noteworthy court fraud and abuse court decisions
- HIPAA privacy and security enforcement actions and settlements
- Overview of OIG enforcement actions and other key developments related to healthcare fraud and abuse
- Analysis of False Claims Act settlement statistics
- Grading predictions from last year’s webinar and new predictions for 2018