This webinar was previously recorded on March 8, 2016. A recorded version of the webinar is available here.
The Ruby Files: The Terminator. You Won't Be Back.
March 8, 2016
In the second of our webinars on The Ruby Files: Managing the Challenging Employee, we continue to follow Ruby as her changing circumstances present her employers with a variety of legal complications.
Still employed by a major hospital, Ruby has developed carpal tunnel syndrome and persistent migraines, which she claims interfere with her ability to work and requests ADA accommodations as well as FMLA time off. Her employer initiates the accommodation interactive process, but before this process can proceed, Ruby’s supervisors report performance problems and that Ruby is posting on Facebook about her alleged medical conditions. Ruby is terminated for poor performance, after which her attorney sends the hospital a demand letter. The company responds with a notice that her claims are subject to an arbitration agreement.
Polsinelli’s Labor & Employment and Health Care attorneys will cover the legal hot buttons covered in this webinar, specifically:
- ADA accommodations and FMLA time off requests
- Requirements for documentation of alleged medical conditions
- How to properly document performance issues
- Progressive discipline policies
- Termination of an employee for performance with a medical condition seeking an accommodation
- Management of post-separation allegations
- Eric E. Packel, Moderator, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Gillian McKean Bidgood, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Robert Entin, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Scott Gilbert, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Joan Killgore, Shareholder, Polsinelli