The federal government continues to implement Health Care Reform, and health care providers continue to adapt to a changing health care market. As such, it is no surprise that there were significant changes in 2013 to the legal and regulatory landscape that will affect hospitals and other health care providers in 2014 and beyond. These changes will impact your clinical operations, your Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, your relationship with physicians and other providers, and more.
This annual seminar will help you understand the impact of the recent developments on your organization. Join us for insights that can help you adapt your own compliance and business strategies in light of our ever-changing regulatory environment.
This program will provide a comprehensive update on the significant legal and regulatory changes from 2013 that are important to health care facilities, including the following topics:
• Summary of key fraud & abuse cases and noteworthy settlements
• Noteworthy compliance and enforcement trends
• Ongoing payment reform and its impact on the delivery of care
• Developments with accountable care organizations and clinically integrated networks
• The final HITECH rule and the new beach notification standard
• Legal changes related to HIPAA Business Associates
• Changes in CMS and CDPHE rules that affect governance of multi-hospital systems
• Impact of the Physician Payment Sunshine Act on providers
• Positions taken by the Department of Justice in the U.S. v. Tuomey Healthcare litigation
DATE | TIME:
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
8:30 AM - Noon
Registration begins at 7:30 am.
DoubleTree Hotel Denver Tech Center
7801 East Orchard Road | Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Click here for directions to the venue.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This program is designed for legal counsel, compliance officers, privacy officers, executive management, reimbursement managers, medical staff leaders, and chief medical officers.
Approval pending for Continuing Legal Education credits.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Recipients of this email qualify to attend at the CHA member price of $115. To register, go to www.cha.com and see "Programs/Webinars" on the homepage. Click on "Register Now" and follow the instructions. Or if you prefer, contact Peggy McCreary at 720.330.6034 or email@example.com.
Deadline for registration is December 31. Click here to view a program brochure detailing the event agenda, biographical information on the speakers and additional information.