Am Law 100 firm Polsinelli is proud to announce that 14 of its attorneys have been named “Lawyers of the Year” on The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 list. An additional 196 Polsinelli attorneys are ranked as Best Lawyers for 2022, and 66 attorneys are included in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch.
Only one lawyer in each practice area of the Best Lawyers communities is selected for the prestigious honor of “Lawyer of the Year.” Polsinelli attorneys from a variety of industries and practice areas received recognition; five of this year’s 14 honorees are previous “Lawyers of the Year” selections.
Notably, Shareholder Robert Henderson is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year” for the fifth-consecutive time in his career. He has earned a spot on the Best Lawyers list for 17 years.
Other Polsinelli attorneys honored this year who have previously earned the “Lawyers of the Year” distinction include Shareholder Maribeth S. McMahon, Shareholder John D. Petersen, Shareholder Curtis M. Holland and Shareholder and Intellectual Property Division Chair Kathryn J. Doty.
Polsinelli’s 14 attorneys selected as Best Lawyers® “Lawyers of the Year” for 2022, with their specialties, includes:
- Ann C. McCullough, Denver: Health Care Law
- Colin C. Deihl, Denver: Litigation - Environmental
- Curtis M. Holland, Kansas City: Land Use and Zoning Law
- Frank A. Caro, Jr., Kansas City: Energy Law
- Jay M. Howard, Kansas City: Health Care Law
- John D. Petersen, Kansas City: Municipal Law
- John S. Schmidt, Kansas City: Trusts and Estates
- Maribeth S. McMahon, Kansas City: Securitization and Structured Finance Law
- Robert A. Henderson, Kansas City: Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- William J. Sanders, Kansas City: Tax Law
- Daniel J. Mohan, Atlanta: Health Care Law
- Henry Talavera, Dallas/Fort Worth: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Jane E. Arnold, St. Louis: Health Care Law
- Kathryn J. Doty, St. Louis: Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice
The Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch award recognizes attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. The recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years. Sixty-six Polsinelli attorneys were awarded this honor, a significant increase compared to 39 attorneys last year.
The firm ranked Best Law Firm in 30 national categories and 144 metro categories. Receiving tier designations reflects the high level of respect a firm has earned among other leading lawyers and clients in the same communities and the same practice areas for its abilities, its professionalism and its integrity.
Best Law Firms is a report overseen by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers. Rankings are based on an evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process.