The Center for Emerging Technologies and Polsinelli INVITE YOU TO JOIN US for the next event in our 2014 Advance St. Louis series, featuring in-depth, comprehensive sessions on topics vital for entrepreneurs competing in highly aggressive technology industries.
ADVANCE ST. LOUIS presents: Corporate Exit Strategies: When to Plan, How to Prepare, and What to Expect
(Applying for Missouri CLE credit)
Typically, business founders are so busy handling the daily operations of their companies that they give little thought to what they will need to do in order to exit the company. However, just like early stage companies are oftentimes singularly focused on raising additional funds to enhance the value of their businesses and actually growing the business, investors in those companies are continually evaluating the potential for an exit. Making a shift from growing the business/raising funds to evaluating exit strategies too quickly or without proper planning and preparation can affect the value recognized upon an exit or whether an exit will happen.
The session will include discussion on the following topics:
- What are the possible alternatives for an exit?
- When is a company ready for an exit?
- When should a company (or its founders/investors) begin preparing for an exit?
- An overview of the process
- Pitfalls, managing expectations, and other cautionary tales
- Shelby Schagrin, Managing Director – Investment Banking, Benjamin F. Edwards & Co.
- Peter Reinecke, Manager, Arsenal Capital Management, LLC
- Marie Carlie, Senior Member, Stone Carlie
- Steve Trampe, Chairman, Sequoia Sciences; President, Owen Development
- Andrew Speciale, Associate in the Corporate and Transactional Practice Group, Polsinelli
To view the full invitation and to register, click here.