The Center for Emerging Technologies and Polsinelli INVITE YOU TO JOIN US for the next event in our 2014 Advance St. Louis series, featuring in-depth, comprehensive sessions on topics vital for entrepreneurs competing in highly aggressive technology industries.
ADVANCE ST. LOUIS presents: Patent Trolls: What Should Be Considered When Faced with a Demand from a Troll
Letters from patent owners claiming infringement can be frustrating for a growing business. They can be even more frustrating when those letters come from Patent Trolls, the common name for entities that do not practice the patent but merely exist to extort money from companies under the threat of patent litigation. More concerning for start-ups, is that tech companies have been the primary targets of Patent Trolls.
This session will discuss:
- how you should analyze Patent Troll letters
- what factors to consider in responding to the letter
- ways to strike back at the Patent Troll
- Keith Grady, Shareholder - Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation Practice Group Chair, Polsinelli
- Rob Enyard, Shareholder, Polsinelli
To view the full invitation and to register, click here.