Labor, Employment & Benefits Symposium - Compliance Overload
Issues for Employers and HR Professionals
The year 2013 has resulted in significant change on the overall compliance landscape, and many could be reaching the point of overload. This year's Symposium will provide you with information and answers to cutting edge questions that cross your desk on a daily basis.
From the retaliation front to HIPAA to the ADAAA, this half‐day seminar will provide you the latest information while synthesizing what you need to know about the many recent developments in human resources, employment and benefit issues. Our luncheon speaker will be the Honorable Sandra Praeger, Kansas Insurance Commissioner.
Symposium Topics | Speakers:
- Hope Springs Eternal: Good News on the Retaliation Front - Karen R. Glickstein
- Collective Action and the FLSA - Anthony J. Romano
- DOMA's Impact on Employee Benefit Plans - Riva T. Johnson
- Knock Knock: Who's There? It's the Government and We're Investigating — What to do When You Answer the Door - William S. Robbins
- The Expanding Reach of Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act: Practical Implications - W. Terrence Kilroy
- The Legislature Responds: What to Expect in Washington - Martin Frost and Kenny C. Hulshof
- OFCCP: New Rules and Initiatives - Erin D. Schilling
- HIPAA Privacy Update - William P. Sweeney
- ADAAA — How Accommodating Must An Employer Be? - Eric E. Packel
Date | Time of Event:
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
7:15 am - 1:00 pm
Registration begins at 7:15 a.m. Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
Intercontinental Kansas City at the Plaza
401 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, Missouri 64112
Click here for driving directions.
$55 per person $125 for four or more attendees from the same company. Due to the upcoming Health Care reform updates, we have dropped our price to facilitate more attendance. Fee covers continental breakfast, lunch and all seminar materials.
Please Register by November 11, 2013:
Advance registration and payment are required. RSVP by November 11, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download and complete your registration form.
For More Information:
For more information or if you have questions, please contact Lindsay Tiehen at 816.218.1227 or email email@example.com.
About this Program:
MO CLE - 3.8 hrs general
KS CLE - 3.5 hrs general
SHRM - 3.5 hrs general
Click here to view the full invitation.