Former Texas Congressman and keen political observer Martin Frost will share his perspective on the voters’ mood and how it will play in next year’s political climate. Frost is the keynote speaker at the Dallas Democratic Forum at the Belo Mansion, 2101 Ross Avenue, Dallas, Texas, on November 29, 2011 at Noon. An innovative lawmaker with the ability to craft bipartisan legislation, Frost held a number of leadership positions for the Democratic Party and is considered one of the party’s top strategists.
“It is always exciting to return home to Texas,” said Frost, a shareholder at Polsinelli Shughart in Washington, D.C. “I look forward to seeing old friends and connecting with new ones as we navigate the roller coaster of another election cycle.”
Frost practices in the National Public Policy group in the Washington, D. C. office of Polsinelli Shughart. In May, the firm opened an office in Dallas to help meet the needs of clients. Currently, the attorneys in the Dallas office practice in the areas of corporate law, financial services and health care. Frost is a member of the Texas and District of Columbia Bar and a former practicing lawyer in Dallas. He frequently appears on national television and writes regularly for Politco.com
Frost Fast Facts:
· From 1979-2005, Frost served as a member of Congress representing the Dallas-Fort Worth area in north Texas
· During his distinguished career in the House, he served from 1999-2003 as Chair of the Caucus, the third highest elected leadership position for Democrats, and was the senior Democrat on the powerful Rules Committee
· Frost also served for six years on the House Budget Committee and was chairman of the Health Task Force from 1985-88
· During the 1996 and 1998 election cycles, Frost was the chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, helping his party to a net gain of 14 House seats
· When Frost departed Congress, he was the senior southern Democrat in the House and the dean of the Texas congressional delegation
Registration begins at 11:30. The luncheon program begins at Noon. Frost is available to speak to the media immediately following the luncheon.
About Polsinelli Shughart
With 570 attorneys, Polsinelli Shughart (www.polsinelli.com) is a national law firm that is a recognized leader in the areas of business law, financial services, real estate and business litigation. Serving corporate, institutional and individual clients, Polsinelli is redefining the business of law by sharing ideas, goals and outcomes with its clients. The firm builds enduring relationships by creating value through our legal services - with passion, ingenuity and a sense of urgency. The firm has offices located in Chicago; Dallas; Denver; Edwardsville; Jefferson City; Kansas City; Los Angeles; New York; Overland Park; Phoenix; Springfield; St. Joseph; St. Louis; Topeka; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE. In California, Polsinelli Shughart LLP.
The Dallas Democratic Forum
For those of you who are not familiar with the Forum, we are a 501© 3 not for profit public issues group and we are in our 34th year of operation. We host world, national, regional and local elected officials and candidates as well as panel and debates with experts representing all sides of an issue. We are known for our quality and depth of programs, including our partnerships with other organizations whose views differ from most of our members.