A group of seven health care attorneys joined Polsinelli Shughart from the same prior firm. Six of the new health care lawyers will practice in St. Louis, one in Chicago. The St. Louis attorneys include shareholders Jane E. Arnold, Mark H. Goran and Donna J. Ruzicka. Shareholder Mary Clare Bonaccorsi is a Chicago based health care litigator. The addition of these prominent health care attorneys continues the firm’s strategic focus on the health care industry with its increasing consolidation in a highly regulated environment
“Health care law is a core national practice at Polsinelli Shughart,” said Polsinelli Shughart Chairman Russ Welsh. “This significant expansion brings additional experience and depth to serve clients across the country and is part of our long-term, strategic plan to broaden our services in key practice areas and offices of our firm.”
With these additions, Polsinelli Shughart’s national Health Care Group expands to 106 lawyers, and senior policy advisors, stretching from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C. The firm’s attorneys and other professionals advise clients on a wide variety of complex legal issues. The Health Care Group is ranked as the sixth largest in the nation.
The new health care shareholders in St. Louis include:
• Jane E Arnold assists clients with transactional and regulatory matters, and structuring and operational advice with the Federal Anti-Kickback and Physician self-Referral “Stark” statutes. Her clients include nonprofit corporations, general business corporations and limited liability companies.
• Mark H. Goran concentrates his practice on a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, corporate, finance and regulatory matters. He represents hospitals, health care systems, home infusion and medical surgery companies, senior care facilities, academic medical centers and physicians groups.
• Donna J. Ruzicka focuses on transactional matters in the health care industry, including structuring advice in light of tax, anti-kickback, fraud and abuse and physician self-referral laws.
The other St. Louis health care attorneys include:
• Erin Fleming Dunlap concentrates her practice in litigation and regulatory compliance matters, with a special focus in the health care industry.
• Brett B. Heger focuses his practice on regulatory and transactional matters related to the health care industry and health care providers.
• Margaret H. Hillman assists clients with transactional and regulatory matters affecting health care.
The new Chicago shareholder includes:
• Mary Clare Bonaccorsi who has a national practice and advises clients on litigation, regulatory, compliance, and risk management matters. Her clients include home medical equipment suppliers, manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and health care providers, including hospitals, health systems, surgery centers, and long term care facilities.
The national Health Care Group offers a broad range of services to large multi-facility systems, academic medical centers, hospitals, long-term care facilities and integrated health systems of all sizes as well as home health systems, hospice providers, and more than 200 physician practice groups. In addition, the firm provides legal counsel to dialysis facilities and state and national health care trade associations.
For more information contact Public Relations Manager Heather McMichael, 816-395-0618, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Polsinelli Shughart
With more than 600 attorneys, Polsinelli Shughart (www.polsinelli.com) is a national law firm that is a recognized leader in the areas of health care, business law, financial services, real estate, and business litigation. Serving corporate, institutional and individual clients, Polsinelli is redefining the business of law by sharing ideas, goals and outcomes with its clients. The firm builds enduring relationships by creating value through our legal services - with passion, ingenuity and a sense of urgency. The firm has offices located in Chicago; Dallas; Denver; Edwardsville; Jefferson City; Kansas City; Los Angeles; New York; Overland Park; Phoenix; Springfield; St. Joseph; St. Louis; Topeka; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE. In California, Polsinelli Shughart LLP.