Am Law 100 firm Polsinelli
congratulates five of its attorneys who have been included in Benchmark Litigation’s
Under 40 Hot List for 2018.
Kansas City attorneys Lauren E. Tucker McCubbin
and Robert V. Spake, Jr.
, Silicon Valley’s Nitin Gambhir
, St. Louis’ John M. Challis
, and Phoenix’s Melissa S. Ho
were named to the third-annual list.
The Under 40 Hot List is billed as an “exclusive ranking of the most talented U.S. litigators” 40 years of age or younger. Benchmark
uses a process of peer review and case examination compiled over many months to recognize this new generation of up-and-coming attorneys.
“We are very proud of these younger lawyers, who are performing at the highest levels,” said Polsinelli Litigation Department Chair Russ Jones
. “They embody our commitment to delivering superior client service, value and results, and we look forward to building on their talents as they grow into key leaders at our firm.”
The selected attorneys represent a wide range of capabilities across various industries and regions:
- As a shareholder and vice chair of the firm’s national Insurance Recovery Litigation Practice, Tucker McCubbin assists her clients in recovering tens of millions of dollars in insurance coverage for a broad range of business losses. She concentrates on coverage counseling and litigation in connection with all types of insurance, including director’s and officer’s liability insurance, intellectual property and cyber liability coverage, business interruption, property losses and excess reinsurance disputes, amongst others. This is Tucker McCubbin’s second time earning a spot on the Under 40 Hot List.
- Spake is a shareholder in Polsinelli’s Commercial Litigation Practice and focuses on complex business, derivative, securities and shareholder class action litigation in both federal and state courts throughout the country. He partners with clients to effectively resolve business disputes and defend companies, boards of directors and senior management in litigation, and has a specialized knowledge of Delaware corporate law. The 2018 Under 40 Hot List is Spake’s second-consecutive recognition.
- Gambhir, principal in the Silicon Valley and San Francisco areas, focuses his practice on patent infringement, trade secret litigation and strategy when navigating computer-related technologies. He works with clients to resolve their most complex issues related to the establishment and protection of their intellectual property. This is Gambhir’s second appearance on the Under 40 Hot list.
- Challis has been recognized all three years of the Under 40 Host List’s existence. As a shareholder in the national Intellectual Property Litigation Practice, Challis focuses in the areas of intellectual property and technology litigation, including patent infringement, trademark infringement, intellectual property ownership, unfair competition and trade secrets. He also provides counsel to clients in the areas of fiduciary, trust and estate litigation.
- Ho is a trial attorney with a detailed understanding of government regulations, intellectual property and international business. As a former prosecutor, she is sympathetic to the disruption and chaos a government inquiry and criminal investigation can cause, allowing her to successfully defend matters at both state and federal levels. She is a shareholder in the firm’s national Government Investigations practice. This is Ho’s third-consecutive year on the Under 40 Hot List.
This recognition builds upon the firm’s national rankings list for 2018, which includes the No. 24 spot on BTI Consulting Group’s 2018 Client Service A-Team Report for Client Service Excellence, as well as being recognized as the Health Care Law Firm of the Year on U.S. News & World Report’s
2018 “Best Law Firms” list. BTI named Polsinelli among the 28 leading law firms in brand strength, placing it on the 2018 Brand Elite list. The firm’s Intellectual Property Department was recently recognized in the 2018 IAM Patent 1000
, a guide that identifies the top patent professionals around the world.
Polsinelli is an Am Law 100 firm with more than 825 attorneys in 21 offices. Ranked #24 for Client Service Excellence1
and #10 for best client relationships2
among 650 U.S. law firms, Polsinelli is also named among the top 30 best-known firms in the nation3
for the second consecutive year. The firm’s attorneys provide value through practical legal counsel infused with business insight and a focus on health care, financial services, real estate, intellectual property, mid-market corporate, labor and employment, and business litigation. www.polsinelli.com
| Polsinelli PC | In California, Polsinelli LLP
2018 BTI Client Service A-Team Report
2017 BTI Industry Power Rankings
2018 BTI Brand Elite