Continuing to distinguish itself as a thought leader in the transformative changes sweeping the combined health care and technology markets, Polsinelli expands its capabilities in its Atlanta office with the addition of a diverse team of attorneys who are nationally recognized for their deep understanding and leadership in these critical issues.
“Having known Sidney and Lynn’s reputation and capabilities for a number years,” said Polsinelli Atlanta Office Managing Partner Nancy E. Rafuse, “I am delighted to add their diverse team and nationally recognized business and legal knowledge to our Atlanta office.”
These new additions include long-time colleagues and Shareholders Sidney S. Welch and Lynn S. Scott, who will Co-Chair the firm’s Health Care Innovation Practice; Counsels Jeremy Burnette; Amy J. McCullough; and Cybil Roehrenbeck; and Associates Amanda Hiffa and Laura Little.
“We were presented with unparalleled opportunity to join the #1 ranked health care firm in the country, with its depth of and breadth of attorneys, its integrity and leadership, and our aligned interest in a practice that reflects our clients’ needs in strategizing and leading change in health care and technology,” stated Sidney Welch, who will serve as Co-Chair of the new Health Care Innovation Practice Group.
“We look forward to integrating our practices with the firm’s attorneys and clients to navigate the challenges and opportunities in the rapidly evolving health care and technology industries,” said Lynn S. Scott, who will serve as Co- Chair.
Polsinelli has been recognized as U.S. News & World Report’s “Law Firm of the Year in Health Care” in its 2015 Best Law Firms report, based on client feedback and peer review. The addition of this highly experienced group augments the firm’s strong talent pool and complete range of health care legal services and expands Polsinelli’s presence in the Southeast, including critical privacy, technology, transactional, regulatory, and public policy matters for health care and technology companies.
“We made a commitment to having a robust presence in Atlanta and building our Atlanta office around our key national practices,” said Polsinelli Chairman Russ Welsh. “Bringing in Sidney, Lynn and their team, complements our Health Care and Transactional Practices and helps us to further serve health care and technology clients in the Southeast and nationally.”
Polsinelli opened its Atlanta office nearly two years ago with a group of highly experienced and well-known labor and employment and complex litigation attorneys. Since then, the office has expanded services to include white collar criminal defense and real estate finance. The addition of this team will increase the size of the office to 24 attorneys. (One of the new attorneys, with a health care/public policy focus, will practice nationally from D.C.)
Polsinelli represents a wide variety of health care clients including hospital and health systems, infusion therapy providers, health care technology companies, home health and hospice agencies and senior and long-term care facilities.
The new Health Care Innovation attorneys include:
- Shareholder Sidney S. Welch serves as trusted advisor to large specialty physician practices and technology companies across the country in their everyday operational, transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters. In addition, she provides counsel to clients regarding tomorrow’s health care in the following areas: alternative payment and delivery models; mobile and eHealth, telehealth; precision medicine; privacy and security; and data aggregation and analytics. She serves in leadership roles for the ABA Health Law Section, the American Health Lawyers Association (“AHLA”), and the American Society of Medical Association Counsel. She will serve clients nationally from the firm’s growing Atlanta office.
- Shareholder Lynn S. Scott advises technology, health care, and life sciences clients with a variety of legal issues and transactions. She focuses on innovative strategies in licensing, development and research, contractual matters, commercialization of intellectual property, and institutional and strategic venture capital and private equity investments. She is active in ABA and AHLA practice groups and will assist clients nationally from the Atlanta office.
- Counsel Jeremy P. Burnette represents health care clients in litigation, arbitration, regulatory and administrative matters. He will practice from the firm’s Atlanta office.
- Counsel Amy J. McCullough focuses her practice on federal and state health care statutory and regulatory matters. She advises clients on a wide variety of issues concerning Medicare and Medicaid compliance, reimbursement and billing; and federal and state fraud and abuse laws. She will practice from Polsinelli’s Atlanta office.
- Counsel Cybil G. Roehrenbeck provides government relations counsel and strategic consulting on emerging health care issues, including health information technology (telehealth and mHealth), precision medicine/genomics, and innovative health care reimbursement and delivery models. She was previously a lobbyist and attorney for the American Medical Association's Washington, DC office. She also served in the office of Representative Walter B. Jones (R-NC) and at Watts Partners, a government affairs firm led by Representative J.C. Watts (R-OK). She will practice from Polsinelli’s D.C. office and be part of the firm’s Public Policy Practice recently ranked by the National Law Journal in the Influence 50: Top Public Policy Practices.
- Associate Amanda M. Hiffa has a primary focus on technology transactions and software licensing. She assists clients with acquisitions, including diligence and integration, and asset sales and divestitures from Polsinelli’s Atlanta office.
- Associate Laura E. Little counsels health care providers and companies, life sciences and technology clients in transactional, regulatory, and corporate matters from the firm’s Atlanta office.
Welch, Scott and their colleagues join Polsinelli’s team of health care professionals and attorneys which include:
- An attorney who served in the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Department of Justice
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorneys
- Former attorneys with State Attorney General’s Office
- Former General Counsel of the American Hospital Association
- Former in-house counsel of national health care providers
Polsinelli Chairman Russ Welsh; Office Managing Partner Nancy Rafuse; and Health Care Innovation Practice Area Leader Sidney Welch are available to comment to the media on the growth of the Health Care Practice and issues impacting health care providers.
Polsinelli is an Am Law 100 firm with 750 attorneys in 18 offices, serving corporations, institutions, entrepreneurs and individuals nationally. Ranked in the top five percent of law firms for client service and top five percent of firms for innovating new and valuable services*, the firm has risen more than 100 spots in Am Law’s annual firm ranking over the past six years. Polsinelli attorneys provide practical legal counsel infused with business insight, and focus on health care, financial services, real estate, life sciences and technology, and business litigation. Polsinelli attorneys have depth of experience in 100 service areas and 70 industries. The firm can be found online at www.polsinelli.com
. Polsinelli PC. In California, Polsinelli LLP. *BTI Client Service A-Team 2015 and BTI Brand Elite 2015