10th Annual Healthcare Dealmakers Conference Showcases Healthcare Creativity and Convergence
On May 17-18, 2017, the 10th Annual Healthcare Dealmakers Conference
will take place at the Four Seasons Resort & Club Dallas at Las Colinas, in Irving, Texas, with the theme “Creativity and Convergence.” The invitation-only conference will bring together healthcare business leaders from across the country including healthcare providers, their capital sources and advisors to discuss the opportunities and challenges of deal-making in the healthcare services marketplace.
This year’s event will particularly focus on the continued, high pace of consolidation and rapid changes in healthcare payment and delivery, and consider the likely impact of a new presidential administration and leadership cabinet transitions on the healthcare industry.
“The healthcare industry is changing rapidly, and change always creates opportunities,” said Polsinelli Shareholder Bobby Guy
, chair of the conference and a well-known healthcare deal lawyer. “Not since the Great Society Programs of the 1960s have we seen a seismic shift in healthcare like we’re seeing now, both at the government level and with the integration of new technologies.
“Jon Henderson’s vision in starting this conference a decade ago was to create a forum that integrates growth-minded healthcare services companies with earlier stage healthcare technology and services companies that are on that same pathway, and that’s one of the reasons the conference continues to attract national interest and participation. The conference captures that M&A and innovation are the drivers of growth across the healthcare delivery continuum.”
Ron Silva of Fillmore Capital, a leading private equity player in the healthcare and senior living markets, has been tapped to give the keynote address on the morning of May 18. Eric Rock of Vivify Health will give the innovation keynote address in advance of the startup company pitch competition happening the prior afternoon May 17.
Conference highlights and panel discussion topics will include:
- The convergence of technological innovation and healthcare services
- Reimbursement issues, including such as reforms in Medicare payment policy, and the increasing relevance of “hybrid” plans such as Medicare Advantage and Medicare Managed Care
- The strategic future of metropolitan health systems in the U.S.
- Profit opportunities for growth private equity and providers
- The U.S. economic outlook and its potential impact on the healthcare industry
Pre- and post-event interviews are available with the following:
- Conference Chair Bobby Guy, a Shareholder in Polsinelli’s Nashville office, and member of the firm’s Corporate and Transactional practice. Guy is a frequent speaker and author on healthcare investing, private equity and senior living industry topics, and has been featured on CNN and quoted in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal, among other publications.
- Conference Founder and Chair Emeritus Jon Henderson, Polsinelli’s Dallas office Managing Partner and Practice Chair – Corporate and Transactional. Henderson’s practice is national in scope, advising on healthcare services M&A and strategic venture capital.
On the afternoon of May 17, the conference will also feature the second annual Healthcare Innovation Pitch Competition
, an exclusive competition in which healthcare startups will have an opportunity to share their business’ pitch with more than 100 healthcare venture capital and private equity investors from around the country. The winning company will receive a $25,000 cash and in-kind prize package from Health Wildcatters
, one of the nation’s leading healthcare accelerators, and Polsinelli, an innovative law firm that’s nationally ranked in healthcare by Chambers USA