Citing a strategic objective to expand leadership roles nationwide, Polsinelli has implemented multiple management changes across the country at the department, practice group and office levels. The move expands the level of leadership influence geographically and provides fresh perspective to several of Polsinelli’s key focus areas in order to keep pace with the firm’s growth and expanding client needs. The changes are effective November 1, 2014.
“We are very excited about these leadership changes and what they mean for 2015 and beyond,” said Polsinelli Chairman Russ Welsh. “Several of these strong incoming leaders from across the country have recently joined Polsinelli, bringing valuable perspective and experience from other Am Law 100 firms or have led their own firm.”
The American Lawyer ranked Polsinelli as the “fastest growing law firm six years in a row,” and the firm joined the Am Law 100 listing in 2014. Recently, Polsinelli announced the Dallas and Denver offices would move into new buildings to accommodate growth. Chicago, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Phoenix, St. Louis and Washington, D.C. have all moved into new spaces or greatly expanded their offices to make room for more new hires. More than 100 attorneys joined the firm in 2013, and this year the firm welcomed Atlanta and San Francisco offices to better serve clients’ needs.
The firm focuses on healthcare, financial services, real estate, life sciences and technology, energy and business litigation, and has depth of experience in 100 service areas and 70 industries.
New Leadership appointments as of November 1, 2014 include:
• Russell S. Jones, Jr. – (Kansas City) Litigation Department Chair who previously led the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice who serves clients nationally from Kansas City, Missouri. Jones has been an integral part of the firm’s litigation strengths for more than 30 years, and is the incoming Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association President-Elect effective December 2014.
• Stacy A. Carpenter. – (Denver) Commercial Litigation Practice Chair who serves clients nationally from Denver. Carpenter, a former Denver Bar Association President, joined the firm in 2011.
• W. Andrew Douglass – (Chicago) Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice Chair who serves clients nationally from Chicago, and moved to Polsinelli in 2014.
• Nancy E. Rafuse – (Atlanta) Labor and Employment Practice Chair who practices in Atlanta and nationally. Rafuse led her own firm with other Atlanta colleagues until they merged with Polsinelli in 2014.
• John Schmidt – (Kansas City) Wealth Planning Practice Chair who practices in Kansas City, Missouri. Schmidt is a longtime trusted advisor of wealth planning clients and a valued member of the firm for 14 years.
• Kevin L. Vold – (Washington, D.C.) Securities & Corporate Finance Practice Chair who moved to Polsinelli in 2014 and counsels clients from his Washington, D.C. office.
• Philip G. Feigen – (Washington, D.C.) Washington, D.C. Office Managing Partner who assists clients nationally on business and regulatory matters from Washington, D.C. joined the firm in 2014.
“These management changes truly embody our firm’s client service philosophy of working as one national firm without geographic boundaries,” said Polsinelli Chairman Welsh. “Just as our client matters are staffed by attorneys with the greatest experience, we believe our practice and firm leaders may reside anywhere. As we further grow and evolve our national platform, we will continue to place forward-thinking leaders in significant roles."
Chairman Welsh and the other leaders are available to speak to the media about the leadership changes.
For more information contact Public Relations Manager Heather McMichael, 816-223-8780, email@example.com
real challenges. real answers.SM Polsinelli is a first generation Am Law 100 firm, serving corporations, institutions, entrepreneurs and individuals nationally. Our attorneys successfully build enduring client relationships by providing practical legal counsel infused with business insight, and with a passion for understanding how to assist General Counsel and CEOs achieve their legal objectives. Polsinelli is ranked 18th in number of U.S. partners* and has more than 740 attorneys in 19 offices. Polsinelli was profiled in the June 2013 issue of The American Lawyer as the fastest-growing law firm in America over a five-year period and has maintained this position. The firm focuses on healthcare, financial services, real estate, life sciences and technology, energy and business litigation, and has depth of experience in 100 service areas and 70 industries. The firm can be found online at www.polsinelli.com. Polsinelli PC. In California, Polsinelli LLP.
*Law360, March 2014