Polsinelli expands its capabilities with the addition of a large group of attorneys who focus on critical privacy, technology, transactional, and public policy matters for health care companies. Formerly colleagues in the same firm, the new attorneys include Shareholders Sidney S. Welch and Lynn S. Scott, along with five other attorneys. The addition of this highly experienced group augments the firm’s strong talent pool and complete range of health care legal services and expands Polsinelli’s presence in the Southeast.
“Sidney and Lynn are serving health care clients who are on the cutting edge of innovation,” said Polsinelli Health Care Chair Matt Murer from his Chicago office. “On a daily basis they work on transactions and compliance issues that are at the epicenter of health care’s transformation across the country. We are very excited about how their capabilities complement our team and help us to further serve health care clients in the Southeast and nationally.”
Polsinelli represents a wide variety of health care clients including hospital and health systems, infusion therapy providers, health care technology companies, home health and hospice agencies, physician practices, and senior and long-term care facilities. After building its Health Care Practice, U.S. News & World Report named Polsinelli the “Law Firm of the Year in Health Care” in its 2015 Best Law Firms report. The designation was based on Polsinelli's overall performance in health care, incorporating both client feedback and peer review.
“We are very excited to be at Polsinelli,” stated Sidney Welch, who will serve as Co-Chair of the new Health Care Innovation Practice Group. “We are delighted to have the opportunity to join the #1 ranked health care firm in the country that allows us to strategize with our clients to drive innovation in health care and technology, including eHealth, precision medicine, telehealth, data aggregation and analytics, and changing payment models and delivery structures.”
Lynn Scott, who will serve as Co-Chair of the Health Care Innovation Practice Group, said, “We look forward to integrating our practices with the firm’s attorneys and clients to navigate the challenges and innovation opportunities in the rapidly evolving health care and technology industries.”
The new Health Care Innovation attorneys include:
Welch, Scott and their colleagues join Polsinelli’s team of health care professionals and attorneys which include
- Shareholder Sidney S. Welch serves as trusted advisor to large specialty physician practices and technology companies across the country in their everyday operational, transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters. In addition, she provides counsel to clients regarding tomorrow’s health care in the following areas: alternative payment and delivery models; mobile and eHealth, telehealth; precision medicine; privacy and security; and data aggregation and analytics. She serves in leadership roles for the ABA Health Law Section, the American Health Lawyers Association (“AHLA”), and the American Society of Medical Association Counsel. She will serve clients nationally from the firm’s growing Atlanta office.
- Shareholder Lynn S. Scott advises technology, health care, and life sciences clients with a variety of legal issues and transactions. She focuses on innovative strategies in licensing, development and research, contractual matters, commercialization of intellectual property, and institutional and strategic venture capital and private equity investments. She is active in ABA and AHLA practice groups and will assist clients nationally from the Atlanta office.
- Counsel Jeremy P. Burnette represents health care clients in litigation, mediation, arbitration, regulatory, compliance, reimbursement, administrative, and licensure matters. He defends health care providers in health care fraud and investigation matters. He will practice from the firm’s Atlanta office.
- Counsel Amy J. McCullough focuses her practice on federal and state health care statutory and regulatory matters. She advises clients on a wide variety of issues concerning Medicare and Medicaid compliance, reimbursement and billing, and federal and state fraud and abuse laws. She will practice from Polsinelli’s Atlanta office.
- Counsel Cybil G. Roehrenbeck provides government relations counsel and strategic consulting on emerging health care issues, including health information technology (telehealth and mHealth), precision medicine and genomics, and innovative health care reimbursement and delivery models. She was previously a lobbyist and attorney for the American Medical Association's Washington, DC office. She also served in the office of Representative Walter B. Jones (R-NC) and at Watts Partners, a government affairs firm led by Representative J.C. Watts (R-OK). She will practice from Polsinelli’s D.C. office and be part of the firm’s Public Policy Practice recently ranked by the National Law Journal in the Influence 50: Top Public Policy Practices.
- Associate Amanda M. Hiffa has a primary focus on technology transactions and software licensing. She assists clients with acquisitions, including diligence and integration, and asset sales and divestitures from Polsinelli’s Atlanta office.
- Associate Laura E. Little counsels health care providers and health care, life sciences, and technology companies in transactional, regulatory, and corporate matters from the firm’s Atlanta office.
- An attorney who served in the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Department of Justice
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorneys
- Former attorneys with State Attorney General’s Office
- Former General Counsel of the American Hospital Association
- Former in-house counsel of national health care providers
Polsinelli Chairman Russ Welsh, Health Care Practice Group Chair Matt Murer and Health Care Innovation Practice Area Leaders Sidney Welch and Lynn Scott are available to comment to the media on the growth of the Health Care Practice and health care innovation issues impacting health care providers and technology companies.
Polsinelli is an Am Law 100 firm with 750 attorneys in 18 offices, serving corporations, institutions, entrepreneurs, and individuals nationally. Ranked in the top five percent of law firms for client service and top five percent of firms for innovating new and valuable services*, the firm has risen more than 100 spots in Am Law’s annual firm ranking over the past six years. Polsinelli attorneys provide practical legal counsel infused with business insight, and focus on health care, financial services, real estate, life sciences and technology, and business litigation. Polsinelli attorneys have depth of experience in 100 service areas and 70 industries. The firm can be found online at www.polsinelli.com
. Polsinelli PC. In California, Polsinelli LLP. *BTI Client Service A-Team 2015 and BTI Brand Elite 2015