Women in Leadership Culture Earns Polsinelli Third Consecutive Honor
National firm receives WILEF Gold Standard Certification for 2017
For the third year in a row, Polsinelli has been recognized as a Gold Standard firm by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for incorporating women into the highest levels of firm leadership.
Just 44 law firms received Gold Standard Certification this year. Law firms with 300 or more practicing lawyers in the United States are eligible for Gold Standard Certification if they successfully demonstrate that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, of their highest leadership positions, of their governance and compensation committees, and of their most highly compensated partners.
“Women in leadership isn’t just a gender issue, it is a culture issue,” said Polsinelli’s Director of Diversity and Inclusion Danielle Carr
. “The pursuit and promotion of diversity and inclusion are core Polsinelli values. This includes the support, development and advancement of women to the highest levels of the firm.”
Polsinelli’s Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, and St. Louis offices are led by women managing partners and women serve as practice chairs of several of the firm’s large national practice groups including, Health Care Litigation, Labor and Employment, Commercial Litigation and Chemical Intellectual Property. Women also hold high ranks in the firm’s administrative leadership team serving in the roles of Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, Chief Recruiting Officer, and Chief Information Officer.
“This is a clear reflection of our culture of recruiting, retaining and rewarding women as leaders,” said Jane Arnold
, vice chair of the firm’s Health Care practice, who also serves as Polsinelli’s St. Louis office managing partner and chair of the firm’s Women’s Initiative Committee. “We have an outstanding group of women attorneys on our team across the country and we are dedicated to continuing to foster their leadership within our firm. Engaging diverse perspectives benefits Polsinelli as a business and helps us better serve our clients.”
The WILEF Gold Standard Certification is the only program of its kind directed toward certifying, publicly recognizing and broadly publicizing law firms that have integrated women into the highest leadership positions. To receive the 2017 Gold Standard Certification, firms had to meet four or more of the following criteria:
- 20 percent of equity partners or, alternatively, 33 percent or more of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women
- 15 percent of firm and U.S. branch office heads are women equity partners
- 20 percent of the firm’s governance committee are women equity partners
- 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women equity partners
- 25 percent of the firm’s practice group/department heads are women equity partners
- 15 percent of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 7 percent of women equity partners are women of color or 3.5% of women equity partners are LGBT (new this year)
For more information, contact Carrie Trent at email@example.com