Citing the firm’s extensive national resources and complementary practices, a group of Denver attorneys will join Polsinelli effective November 1. The attorneys include some of Denver’s most highly respected corporate, intellectual property, real estate, and construction and business litigation attorneys from Hensley Kim, LLC. The attorneys join Polsinelli’s Denver office and will serve clients locally, regionally and nationally.
“We’re very pleased to welcome these talented attorneys to our firm,” said Chairman Russell Welsh of Polsinelli. “Because of their capabilities, many firms reached out to them and we are delighted that they chose to join Polsinelli. They complement our nationally recognized corporate law, intellectual property and real estate practices, and our preeminent construction and business litigation groups.”
The new attorneys who have joined the Denver office:
- Darren R. Hensley is a founding member and head of the Corporate, Securities and M&A practice at Hensley Kim. He has practiced law in Colorado since 1990 with his practice focusing on a wide variety of corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions, financing and general business transactions. Hensley is co-chair of the M&A subsection of the Colorado Bar Association and was selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers in 2006, 2010 and 2011.
- John P.J. Kim advises clients on corporate, securities, financing and general business law. He is a founding member and managing member of Hensley Kim and has significant experience with offerings of debt and equity, mergers and acquisitions, asset sales and purchases, SEC disclosure and technology commercialization transactions.
- Stacy A. Carpenter is an experienced civil trial attorney whose practice focuses on commercial litigation, employment law, professional liability defense and ERISA litigation. She is the immediate past president of the Denver Bar Association and was recently recognized by Law Week Colorado as one of the 10 lawyers of the decade and was selected for inclusion in 2011 Colorado Super Lawyers as one of the top 25 female attorneys.
- Ryan E. Warren is the director of construction law at Hensley Kim. He is an experienced civil trial attorney who focuses on construction contracts, disputes, liens, delay claims, defects, and the defense of crane-related claims. He represents contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, owners, crane companies and warranty companies. In addition to being a trial attorney, Warren is a certified crane operator.
- Michael P. Dulin advises clients on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on technology and intellectual property matters. He is the vice chair of the intellectual property section of the Colorado Bar Association and on the board of the New IP American Inn of Court.
- Paul V. Franke has experience in all areas of real estate transactional, corporate, commercial finance and general business. He has a distinguished list of high-profile projects throughout the Denver area.
It is anticipated that other attorneys from Hensley Kim will be joining Polsinelli.
“Based in Kansas City, with national offices including Chicago and Washington, D.C., Polsinelli is able to offer a broad, sophisticated platform for our clients while maintaining a Midwest rate structure,” Hensley said.“We are pleased to join one of the most respected and fastest-growing law firms in the country and believe it is a great fit for our people and our clients.”
Added Kim: “This is an exciting opportunity to accelerate our own strategic growth plans with a firm that shares our core practice areas, entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to client service.”
The addition of the Hensley Kimattorneys also complements the firm’s Denver office, which includes attorneys whose practices involve corporate law, real estate, construction, intellectual property, financial services, clean technology, life sciences and business litigation. Polsinelli Shughart is deeply committed to the vitality, economic development and sustainability of the metro Denver business community.
“We are in a position to tap into the best talent across the country in areas such as corporate, mergers and acquisition, real estate, and construction, and we are focused on the industries that will help grow the regional economy,” said Eugene R. Commander, managing partner of Polsinelli’s Denver office.
In April, the Denver office added 11 health care attorneys to the firm’s national Health Care Group, which was recently ranked as the sixth largest in the nation according to Modern Healthcare magazine. Since May, Polsinelli has opened offices in Dallas and Los Angeles.