Organizations are frequently required to divert substantial resources to respond to subpoenas. Polsinelli's Denver Litigation attorneys invite you to JOIN US for a presentation that will help you and your organization streamline the response process – lowering the associated expenses and increasing efficiency.
Proceed with Caution: Avoiding Legal Landmines & Streamlining the Process for Responses to Document and Testimony Subpoenas
Our speakers will help you understand the rules that control the process and the various types of subpoenas, including those for testimony and those for documents, so that you can react more quickly and efficiently. They will also explain best practices for addressing overly invasive and burdensome subpoenas so that you can avoid costly or potentially harmful productions. The speakers will also help you assess whether a policy on responding to subpoenas is right for your organization and help you draft a policy that creates maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Topics will include:
Who should attend:
- Understanding the different types of subpoenas including federal and state, civil and criminal, document and testimony.
- Tips for determining whether a subpoena has been properly issued and served.
- Procedures for protecting intellectual property while responding to a subpoena.
- Complying with HIPAA while responding to a subpoena.
- Tactics for shifting the costs of responding to a subpoena.
- Handling e-discovery aspects of subpoenas.
- Adopting and enforcing subpoena policies.
- Counsel and Paralegals of all experience levels
- Compliance Officers and other Team Members of all experience levels
- Operations Officers and other Team Members of all experience levels
To view the full invitation and to register, please click here