Uh Oh! Handling Overpayments
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) forever changed health care providers' duty to detect, report, and return overpayments received from Medicare and state Medicaid programs. While PPACA has created new responsibilities for providers related to overpayments, uncertainty remains about what specifically a provider must do either proactively, or once an overpayment has been discovered. This webinar will examine the underlying law and regulations surrounding health care providers' duty to report and return overpayments, as well as practical considerations commonly involved in determining if an overpayment has actually occurred.
Topics that will be addressed include:
* Providers' obligations to report and return overpayments under PPACA
* Additional guidance on overpayments including CMS' proposed rule
* Discussion of common overpayments situations and analysis of how to determine if an overpayment has occurred
* The role of audits and other internal reviews in helping to uncover overpayments
* Determining overpayments and their scope
* Self-disclosure of overpayments
* T. Jeffrey Fitzgerald, Shareholder, Polsinelli
* Asher D. Funk, Shareholder, Polsinelli
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR:
Start times for this WEBINAR Event (check your time zone):
12:00 PM | CENTRAL
1:00 PM | EASTERN
11:00 AM | MOUNTAIN
10:00 AM | PACIFIC
Continuing Legal Education:
CLE for this webinar presentation - and the rest in the series - is pending in several states.
TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION:
Click here to register for this webinar. Click on the link and follow the prompt.
For all participants, to ensure your connection, please register for this webinar from the computer that will be used during the webinar.
Toll Free: 1.888.438.5448
Confirmation Code: 7184525
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any questions or need additional information, contact Lindsey Hernandez at 800.473.6014 or LHernandez@polsinelli.com.
There is NO COST for this event.
Click here to view the full invitation.