To view this webinar, click here.
Polsinelli invites you to join us for the next program of our complimentary 2014 Labor and Employment Webinar Series: From a Business Perspective. As employers face an ever-growing web of workplace regulations and potential entanglements with employees, join us as we discuss:
Wage and Hour Class and Collective Actions: Recent Trends and Minimizing Risk.
Thursday, October 16, 2014 | 12:00 PM (CDT)
Wage and hour class and collective actions continue to be filed against employers at a tremendous pace. This webinar will examine recent trends in the types/kinds of cases being filed, potential problem areas to address or audit, and litigation issues that courts have tackled recently. In addition, we will discuss strategies to minimize exposure, avoid litigation, and manage vexing litigation once it is filed (including creative ways to settle wage/hour cases).
On our Agenda:
- Recent Trends in Class/Collective Wage and Hour Actions
- Types of Claims We Are Seeing
- Targeted Industries
- Litigation Issues
- Preventing or Managing Litigation of Wage & Hour Claims
- Class Action Waivers: yea or nay?
- Offers of Judgment as a Path to Complete Success
- Managing Risk through Performance Management of Exempt Employees
- Designing and Implementing Time Exception Reporting for Non-exempt Employees
- Use and Abuse of Portable Technology (tablets, PDAs, smartphones, laptops)
- Settlement of Wage and Hour Class/Collective Actions: Recent Challenges
- Stephen E. Fox, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- James J. Swartz, Jr., Shareholder, Polsinelli
To view the full invitation and to register, click here.