Polsinelli’s Diversity and Inclusion Fellowship Program is just one component of the firm’s overall diversity and inclusion initiatives. Its purpose is to integrate the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion with efforts to recruit the best candidates from diverse backgrounds who are in attendance at the nation’s top law schools.
To maximize the Fellowship Program for the greatest success, the program is intentionally flexible. The amounts awarded are on a case-by-case basis, and there are not a designated number of awards for rising students. The program provides up to $30,000 annually in scholarship funds, which may be awarded to an individual or to multiple individuals in order to assist with tuition.
At Polsinelli, diversity is defined to include people from various ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability and socio-economic backgrounds who offer a mosaic of beliefs, experiences, perspectives and values. If you feel you are diverse in one or more of these ways, or in any other way, please apply and share your unique story.
Factors Considered in the Selection of Scholarship Recipients
- Enrolled and in good standing as a law student at an ABA accredited law school.
- Demonstrated commitment to participate in the firm summer internship program at one of Polsinelli’s offices.
- Timely submission of all Fellowship Program application materials.
- Desire to be part of a talented team, driven to provide exceptional work product and value practicing law in a highly focused but collegial setting.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, community service involvement, excellent writing and interpersonal skills and stellar academic achievement.
- Commitment to contributing meaningfully to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession/community.
- While applicants need not disclose their financial circumstances, a demonstrated need for financial assistance may also be taken into consideration.
- Provide current resume.
- Official transcript of undergraduate grades (photocopy or electronic version).
- Official transcript of law school grades (photocopy or electronic version).
- A personal statement of no more than 750 words describing how your background, personal attributes and/or characteristics will contribute meaningfully to the firm’s diversity and inclusion goals and/or diversity in the legal profession/community.
- Three professional, personal or academic references (at least one of whom can comment meaningfully on your academic and intellectual strengths, demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to contribute to Polsinelli’s diversity and inclusion efforts).
- Application deadline is September 13, 2021.
- E-mail completed applications to Cristy M. Johnson, Director of Firm-Wide Legal Recruiting, at email@example.com.