Alex Polishuk focuses his practice on navigating employers through the intricacies of California’s employment laws. An experienced litigator, Alex has successfully represented clients before state and federal courts, administrative agencies and arbitrators, for wage and hour, wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, equal pay, breach of contract, antitrust, trade secret and disability accommodation claims. Alex has extensive experience in representing employers in complex wage and hour claims, including class actions, collective and representative claims. Alex has represented Fortune 500 conglomerates, hospitals, hotels, public municipalities and local businesses.
Alex strongly believes that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Therefore, he works closely with clients to ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws to preemptively minimize any risk of litigation. Alex regularly prepares workplace policies, annually revises employee handbooks to reflect legal developments and trains managerial personnel to ensure their understanding of their duties and obligations as company representatives. Alex is always available to assist with the problematic employee, whether by providing training and counseling, preparing a performance improvement plan, or assisting with a difficult termination.
Alex has intimate knowledge of the application of California and federal employment laws for California employers, including:
- California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act (“FEHA”)/ Title VII of the Civil Rights Act/Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)
- California Labor Code/Industrial Welfare Commission Wage Orders/Fair Labor Standards Act
- California’s Private Attorneys General Act (“PAGA”)
- California and Federal Equal Pay Act
- Family Medical Leave Act/California Family Rights Act
- Employer Shared Responsibility Provisions under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- California’s Pregnancy Disability Leave