Andrew Wilcox combines a strong work ethic and a practical approach to provide comprehensive counsel to clients in complex transactions. Drawing on his background in corporate governance and private equity transactions for clients in a wide variety of industries, Andrew focuses his practice on acquisition and divestiture transactions for health care clients.
Andrew’s extensive experience in the health care mergers and acquisition field includes representing nonprofit hospitals, health systems, universities, and academic medical centers in complex acquisitions, divestitures, and change of membership transactions. Andrew provides trusted guidance at every stage of the transaction, from the strategic exploration of structures, to the efficient drafting and negotiation of agreements, through the closing of the transaction. Andrew’s active role in more than twenty transformational transactions for hospitals and health systems across the country over the past five years has uniquely positioned him to provide valuable counsel to clients as they navigate this process.
In addition, Andrew regularly represents health care clients in strategic transactions involving ambulatory surgical centers, senior living facilities, home health agencies, and long-term care facilities.
Andrew also continues to be involved in representing clients in a wide variety of industries in connection with the structuring, negotiation, and closing of complex transactions, drafting complex organizational documents and commercial contracts, as well as advising clients on entity formation and corporate governance matters.
- Represented academic medical center client in the negotiation and acquisition of hospital with over $200 million in revenue
- Represented client in the sale of interests in a flexographic printing and converting of flexible films, bags, and pouches used for food packaging
- Represented health system client in acquisition of regional hospital with over $120 million in revenue
- Represented private equity fund in the acquisition of a flour milling and mix company
- Represented health system client in the sale of non-profit hospital to a for-profit health system, including negotiations with state Attorney General for approval of sale pursuant to state nonprofit hospital conversion act
- Represented health system client in sale of regional medical center to academic medical center
- Represented health system client in negotiation of joint operating and management agreement for regional health care system
- Represented health system client in the negotiation and acquisition of a multi-state, multi-hospital, and multi-long term care system
- Assisted with the acquisition of a five-hospital system in Houston, Texas for more than $1 billion purchase price, $500 million in assumed debt, and $1 billion in promised capital investment
- Assisted with the consolidation of two faith-based health systems into statewide network with combined annual revenues exceeding $2 billion
- Assisted with joint venture of a health system and medical school to construct new acute-care hospital facility
- Assisted with affiliation between a research institute and health system
- Assisted with affiliations of a national religious health care system with community hospitals located near Seattle, Washington
- Assisted with a sale of hospital system located in Towson, Maryland
- Assisted with a sale of hospital system in Pierre, South Dakota
- Assisted with multiple acquisitions and divestitures in the food manufacturing industry
- Assisted with the acquisition of an alternative investment management firm that specializes in investing in hedge funds and private equity funds
- Formed numerous private investment funds, including hedge, private equity, venture capital, and real estate funds